Has anyone had a hip replacement even though your cartilage is intact?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have previously posted under a discussion of "Failed hip arthroscopy, would hip replacement help". Seeing as so many of you have gone through THR, I was wondering if anyone had a THR even though their cartilage was intact. I've been told by some surgeons that no surgeon would agree to do THR unless the cartilage is significantly damaged. I have had 3 hip arthroscopies but the surgeons can't seem to fully repair the labrum or finally get rid of scar tissue. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

My OS told me I have scar tissue and he can remove but it will grow back. I have read massaging helps using Vitamin E or just lotion. I have been doing this and the side is still painful,so not sure if it is working or not.
  • Posted

Hi Kylie, 

I don't know Kylie ... I thought that hip arthroscopy,is done to delay OA and hip replacement surgery -

Are you still in pain ?

what is your prognosis?  

big warm hug

renee

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.