Has anyone had any good results treating with Metro gel or Clyndamicine?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've had BV since the end of April and tried every natural way because I'm against antibiotics  (which are known not to work for BV!) but feel like I'm at the end of my rope because it keeps coming back. I went to the doctor today and tested positive again and he basically said that it's either Metro gel or Clyndamicine gel, the end. I feel like giving up and trying the creams? Anyone actually get cured by using these gels?

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I’ve tried metro gel and the BV always comes hack. Now I’m just taking probiotics and drinking lots of lemon water and hoping for the best 😭

• Posted

Antibiotics and probiotics cured me! At first the antibiotics didn’t cure me for long (I wasn’t taking probiotics and still consumed a lot of sugar) so I started trying home remedies. I tried so many different ones for almost a year only to have a few days of relief. I finally gave up and went back to the doctor. In my experience antibiotics, drinking a lot of water, probiotics (I use VH essentials pro and pre with cranberry probiotics. Expensive ones didn’t work for me).  I also gave up sugar in my coffee and stopped drinking energy drinks everyday. So many women are cured by different things don’t be afraid to try the antibiotics. 

• Posted

Thank you for your advice! Which antibiotic worked for you personally? Was it a 7 day  cream?
  • Posted

Have you had warm sea salt baths along with not using shampoo in the shower and using hydrogen peroxide down below...?
    • Posted

Unfortunately sea salt did not do anything for me and was even more irritating. ACV baths did nothing either. Hydrogen peroxide was very drying and my vagina just does not tolerate any kind of douching. Everyone's body is so different, unfortunately what works for one does  not work for the next person.

• Posted

Clindamycin can work but there is no guarantee. It made my hair on my head fall out... Not all but enough that I was looking for a cure for the new problem.
    • Posted

Thank you for the warming! I also read that Clindamycin can strip one's colon of good flora and cause damages that way! That's why I'm determined to stay away from these pharma poison!

• Posted

Was it oral Climdamycin or cream that made your hair fall out? Thank you again for your kind advice!
  • Posted

Hi This cream is likely to work but after a number of times of using it it may not. Say two years forward and you use it. Do you drink acidic drinks as these drinks may make things worse. Good luck. The down side to my using the cream was hair loss and it made me high and do or say or think differently.
    • Posted

I only drink water and my diet is very clean. I'll be trying to detox my colons as a last resort and hopefully it will make a difference, usually whatever junk is in the colon spreads on to the vaginal system. Everything I hear about these creams makes me want to stay away even more(I already have fine/thin hair and cannot afford to give it up:-)!

• Posted

Hi This cream is likely to work but after a number of times of using it it may not. Say two years forward and you use it. Do you drink acidic drinks as these drinks may make things worse. Good luck. The down side to my using the cream was hair loss and it made me high and do or say or think differently.
  • Posted

HI Layha..... I had clindamycin cream and tablets. I got them prescribed by doctor. The positive side to this is that my hair on my head came back in a much better condition and is now longer than it has ever been. Use the cream for seven nights. At least you could say you have tried it. Hope you have family to help in general as this complaint is a really tough place to be.Bernadette x
    • Posted

Thank you again for taking the time to write and your advice! I have not picked picked up my cream from the pharmacy yet and still thinking about it. I want to do my colon cleanse first and see if this BV problem of mine comes form my intestinal source before I put poisonous pharma cream into my body. I think I got this BV as a stress response-I have a child who just turned 4 and still wakes up up to 5 times per night like a baby, so I have not had a good night's sleep in four years and plenty of stress, so it is possible that my body responded this way. My husband is very supportive but it's hard to deal with this and taking care of young kids! God bless you and I hope you feel better as well!

• Posted

Clyndamicine oral. I tried the metro gel before but it wasn’t very long term. I do know a girl that I cured her tho. My BV was just very severe 
  • Posted

Ladies if you are using sex toys that are not 100% silicone grade material you will get recurrent infections such as bv. Get rid of those toys and then go to your doctor for a prescription. I had recurrent bv for 6 years. Nothing worked until I did the above. I no longer have bv or chronic uti infections!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.