has anyone had panic attacks with out physical symptoms ???

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone in December last year I was dealing with severe ocd that flared up after long term stress , I started to have intense panic attacks were I totally thought I was going absolutely insane my mind was racing so fast I couldn't even think and doom surrounded me I had no fast heart ext other then total horrendous feelings of fear and impending insanity . I've seen my doctor after these panic attacks and he said they were panic attacks without the physical symptoms and also my psychiatrist said the same . I'm wondering weather I'm the only person on the planet that has panic attacks like this to be honest these panic attacks are way more scary then the normal physical symptom panic attacks because I know how to deal with them how do I deal with these new panic attacks when there is no physical symptoms ?? Plus anyone had panic attacks Like this I feel alone on this ???

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes it's very common, you just deal with them the same way as panic attacks with physical symptoms. Your dr should have given you some treatment or sent you for therapy if they think your having panic attacks

• Posted

Hi jmcg thanks for the reply no my Dr hasn't given me any advice on coping with panic attacks ,, thing is when I get these attacks I get frantic because I don't understand them I guess , I've had panic attacks in the past but I no how to deal with them because they don't really scared me but these new attacks are horrendous yo me ??

• Posted

This doesn't sound like just panic attacks which attack hard, but do go away. This sounds much more like anxiety disorder. Many medical people including psychiatrists just don't get it, maybe because the symptoms are so bizaare. Anxiety is often dismissed or even laughed at. No one on this earth really gets what this awful thing is...unless they have been there, or if a big part of their practice deals with anxiety.

Find a doctor that will prescribe an antianxiety, or an anxiety therapist. The therapist may not be licensed to prescribe, but they can help you get to someone who can.

We here have all been through the same or similar things as you are. We do understand. The right med changed my life from fear and terror to being able to think clearly enough to do the things that I can do for myself...to take my life back.

I hope this helps. Do let us know how it goes, Allison.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.