Posted , 6 users are following.
I'm on a day 20 of ESMYA and side effects have been tolerable at home. I just can't see me managing a full day's work and have actually been off sick for last 2 weeks. The main difficulties I've been having include:
1. Heavy period first 2 weeks (but not as bad as normal). However, after haemorrhaging badly at Xmas and losing over 30% of my blood volume, I now suffer quite severe anxiety with the bleeding and found it difficult to even leave the house initially. Bleeding has reduced but still there, on and off.
2. Extreme fatigue, I often have to sleep in the pm. Some of this may be due to the anxiety but I think it's the ESMYA. Thank goodness for an understanding hubbie as I also have 2 children at primary school.
3. Occasional headaches and light headedness.
4. Abdominal discomfort - a real aching sensation.
5. Dry red skin on my face that just keeps getting worse. Likely due to the hormone disruption.
I'd just like to ask if anyone else has had to take time off or do I just have to "man up" and get back there. Thing is, it's not a desk job. I'm a speech and language therapist on a really busy stroke unit - I'm on my feet the whole day, it's stressful as and very little respite. Think nurse in acute ward and you'll have a rough idea. Sorry for such a long post.
0 likes, 20 replies