Has anyone heard of this?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi people

ive had a 5 mths history of acid reflux with a cough blocked ears etc etc........I feel completely miserable.

To cut a long story short I've been on clinic today ( got a cancellation!!). 

My medical history is asthma and coeliac disease.

The consultant has said today that all my acid reflux problems steam from my coeliac disease!!!!! Apparently my pancreas isn't excreting a enzym that is needed for digestion which is causing my stomach acid amount to increase to try and digest the food which it can't so it's become a visius circle. This all makes sense to me but I'm just shocked.

ive been given steroid nose spray, an  antacid and I've got to get some enzyme and my problems should just sort!!? Anyone heard of this?

Debs 

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

As I stated these work for me. And I don't care one bit where they fall with all the other drugs. I take three Sucralfate a day and one Dexilant just before bed. I never get hearburn or indestion. What I do get everyday was an upset stomach, sore burning throat, and somewhat of a dry cough but I would cough up a small amount of clear thick mucas. And when I cough it would usually end of in kind of dry heave which just made my sore throat worst. It did take some time before I found the right combination and also change of diet. I did goggle Dexilant and it says it helps in reducing the acid produced in the stomach. And maybe that was my issue all along. Good luck. Like I said it took me 6 years trying different meds. Sick almost everday for hours up on hours in bed. There's answers out there we all have to find the right one that works for each. We are all certainly differnet. There is help.Good luck. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.