Has anyone heard that h pylori guards us from getting reflux?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was treated from h pylori 2 years ago. Recently about 6 months ago I started having reflux, clearing my throat and caughing. I now keep it more or less under control thank dieting and ppi but searching how to cure this problem, I came across some information that actually h pylori protects us from reflux problem. Besides that I have a book written by dr George Halpern "ulcer free" where he is talking about the same thing. Is there anybody in the world who heard

about it??

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I suffer from LPR reflux and I did some research on h pylori and I also found the same imformation as you that h pylori protects us from acid reflux as the bacteria reduces acid to survive.

It really is confusingrolleyes.  At the moment I am awaiting results for h pylori, I am sceptical about h pylori causing reflux, since numerous articles have indicated it actually reduces acid.

• Posted

Did you have h pylori? Have you been treated?

I did not understand you are skeptical about h pylori causing reflux? What reduce acid? H pylory? But if it reduces acid than it protects from reflux? Or I did not understand something?

• Posted

Hi Feb,

the word "protection" is a "stretch" from a non professional.

HP does reduce acid secretion, but it is not signifcant per clinical trials.

While it would seem "likely" that less acid would mean less refulx? but less likely doesn't translate to "protection"...and the clinical trials could "not" find an association between HP and reflux.

If your results are "positive" for HP, you will be prescribed big time acid blockers along with antibiotics.

You say you suffer from LPR...as a rule, the LES is not working as well as it should. Studies in Brazil demonstrated that the LES function can be improved thru low dose melatonin, vitamins, and other naturals.

I've a pdf somewhere in my files that hopefully might provide "details" ...if I find it, will try and see if you can access direct or may need to pm..me...best. Claudio

'

• Posted

Hi Claudio, you seem to know a lot about this stuff. Can I ask how? Do you just do a lot of research like me?
    • Posted

anastasia,

family, relatives , associations, former career, my

main interest is MND and the git as it relates to

heliocobacter.pylori. claudio

• Posted

Ahh I see. Was just curious as you do sound very knowledgeable about the studies etc. Keep up the good work

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.