Has anyone overcome this condition

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi,I ve suffering from Labythrinitis for 6 yrs,I was getting better,but had a bad vertigo at teach this year and it's brought the dizziness back this condition has crushed my confidence and I hardly go out.My husband has told me if I don t get better and start living a normal life he is leaving me,we have an 11yr old daughter I am trying so hard to better.I would any advise on how to get over this condition,it's ruined my life.

1 like, 67 replies

67 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I am really sorry your husband does not understand nd as for saying he is leaving you. Well!!!!!  Has he not read anything on line about this condition?  In suggest you go on line yourself and print some off and make him read it!
    • Posted

Hi Gill ,good answer .Print stuff off make him read it ,could be him tomorrow .Who the hell wants this condition ,he wouldn't ,no more than we do .why put more pressure on someone ,beggars belief some people and the attitude they have .How many of us with this condition just go to bed NORMAL ,and next morning wake up like this . Happening to people every day ,maybe him in near future hey ,never say never I say these days ,because it can and does .were living proof it happens .xx
    • Posted

Thanks Gillian,Marlene and Anne,he s been with me to all my appointments so he should have an understanding by now,we ve been together 15 yrs.He just keeps saying I need to be stronger,but as you all know we are strong,if we were not we wouldn't t be out of bed!! I need get the anxiety under control,but all the doctors want to do is put me on anti depressants,but I m not depressed,and I did try one AD and I it lmade me feel like a zombie,and the withdrawl was really bad,I still can t sleep properly because of it.my anxiety comes because I feel so off balance.He just won t listen,I ve got a couple of months to show some improvement.thanks to you all for your support xxx
    • Posted

HI, going with you to,the appointments teaches him nothing.  You need to go onto the VEDA website as they have good comprehensive stuff on there, find the pages that apply to,you  is the symptoms and print them out and shove them under his nose, sorry to be so frank, but this makes me really angry when Those that supposed to,love us take this ridiculous stance!  and you can tell him to e mail me, and Marlene and Anne (?presume you okay with that girls? ) nd we will tell him axact,y what it,s like and being strong is only half of it!!!
    • Posted

We can't make things better ,but come here and vent ,were hear to listen if nothing else ,I'd give him couple months alright .Down right selfish attitude he has alright ,as he's heard what's said so even more so .Karma  real Big believer in thAt ,got habit of just biting selfish ones out there when least expecting it .Wants to take cotton wool out of his ears .

Think Drs put you on those meds as they've got no answer to giving you to solving it ,they don't suit me ,try some Bach's Rescue ,and B 6 if your okay with the B6 and don't upset stomach .Youve not had good start to New Year by any means ,that's truly sad .XX 

• Posted

I'm up for this Right Charlie as we say here in UK .Maybe if Fudgy had human contact with another with this ,it may just sink in ,it's a condition one can't just switch off .bloody heck we wouldn't be hear talking about it that's for sure ,Fudgy could be off out spending money ,that would most probably wouldn't suit him either .When he complains of ache or pain ,me I'd ignore the little toe rag .certainly no mothering forth comeing .Never met him but I don't like him .
    • Posted

He can email me too!! It's a terrible condition to live with! I'm still waiting on a diagnosis but I have also been experiencing dizziness for over two years and I can tell you - you receive v little sympathy from people!! I would not wish these symptoms on my worst enemy BUT I have to admit I wish some of my 'nearest and dearest's' could experience it for one day, just be in my shoes for one day...then see how they feel!! I know that sounds selfish but it's the only way there would be complete understanding. 

I have changed completely as a person and I swear I literally woke up one day feeling different, thee was no major signs, I can't remember feeling ill and boom 2 years on I am still in the same boat?! 

• Posted

Yes I am with you there Debs.  the only family I have in this country, live 20 Mins away,,with cars (I don,t drive), have no sympathy and no interest in my problem for past 4 Years, except once when I went to see a private holistic Dr down in Susex, and that was just because it was private and 'interesting', so,I have mostly erased them,out,of my life as they have done with me!!mmI truly hope karma gets them one day and they experience what I have every single day?

The good news is I have managed to,get an appointment after the consult with Neuro,otology in Dec., for next week.  although it is VRT which I,ve tried before,,I was assured theirs is 'different'.  really want it to work so I can manage to move away from area (and those two!), as I could literally not physically manage a move the way I am at the moment. ,Just one days' (only a few hours that is) activity, ie shopping,,or housework, and I,m wrecked!!  so Debs, no you are not selfish, it,is them actually that are!  I was same as you, woke up,different person, and I've told all the consultants I,ve seen this, and going by others like,you on here, it is pretty common so they MUST have heard it before eh?  And yes we are all on that boat, but I feel,it,s even worse than that Don,t you as it affects everything you do,,bending forward or even looking down when standing up especially is a no no and how many actions in daily life includes that movement?  Hundreds!

• Posted

Gillian it sure does - it's amazing how you take your ears etc for granted, they're just there, doing their job and then one day you wake up and your life is completely turned upside down! I still can't believe there's not more exposure on this kind of thing, much more common than I realised! I bet a lot of poor souls out there suffering in silence!
    • Posted

Like the rest of our body we are intricately made and our ears are an extremely complex/marvellous piece of kit that are so finely tuned.
  • Posted

sorry to hear your husband has this attitude.  He sounds like a real catch.  Could you take him with you to your GP with you who might be able to help him understand that you don't have any control over this condtion and that it affects every aspect of your life.  Perhaps then he could understand that you really struggling and also ask your GP  to refer you again to ENT or whoever is best placed to help you with this reoccurance.
    • Posted

First Happy New Year Anne .

I'd frog march him to Drs ,let him hear how disabling this condition is ,some just don't get it ,like they don't want to hear how bad this is ,it's not a catching condition ,she would be there for him ,he wants to think bit more forward ,things happen to men ,like men's troubles,that would keep them housebound a fair bit .Cancers and the rest .Could end up lonely old man dealing alone with those health issues if they came along ,no ones immune to life's ailments that come out of the thin air .it can and does happen ,he wants a reality check ,not to stress Fudgy out more  by his uncaring comments .

• Posted

Aw you have both made me giggle at your comments,I will have a look at the Veda site and see if he ll take any notice.i would be there for him if he was poorly,he's bloody lucky I ve stayed with him this long the tricks he's played in the past but that's another story lol.You re right I could do without the extra pressure,It would be more helpful if he helped and supported me,But it's never going to happen so I need to  not get down about it and help myself.thanks again Ladies xxx
    • Posted

Happy New Year to you too Marlene and everyone.  Keep on keeping on and remember to take deep breaths.
    • Posted

Maybe he needs a fair few reminders to his short comings .Some don't deserve good women ,you need to take care of you and your girl period ,don't worry what's floating around in his pea brain .why should you ? Ask yourself that .Giggle away girl .xx
    • Posted

Deep breathing about only good thing we can do Anne ,and say I can do this ,get a Mantra going daily ,that helps .Theres said saying HU over and over helps ,there's a video on You tube with it got this from someone somewhere .Hope you get in better week at work ,one week nearer to retirement as they pass Anne .xx
    • Posted

Yep, sent off my application to retire, won't have much pension wise, as fool that i am, didn't always pay into it, so will still need to work if i can but do less hours. 
    • Posted

You've done it then Anne ,less hours but it's not left you much choice Anne .A bummer this has turned out for you ,I think doing your line of work there should be comp package of some description ,in order to at least helping you more  on cash front ,trouble again all gov parties keep raising the goal post to pension age .we just missed that one thank goodness .Hope all works out Anne .
    • Posted

yes, apparently at the moment i have just missed the cut off point and have to work until 66 or 67 before i can get my state pension.  At the moment i am coming down with a cold which my husband has had for past week and everyone at work has had also, thought i'd escaped, not that i'm complaining about getting a cold but the thought that it will worsen my balance in the meantime.  I'm hoping it might have the opposite effect, but that's me trying to be optimistic.  My colleagues at work this week were commenting on how unsteady i have been this week when turning corners.  Thought it was sweet of them to notice as by now they are all familiar with my problem as they have problems of there own also and we share them with each other, bit like a support group for nurses really, then we pop off and see our patients.
    • Posted

Hey Anne lost count how many times in past few years I've said same thing ,If I got a heavy cold this could be reversed ,I've picked up odd bugs ,but never a head cold either ,just aches Meno aches I call them ,poorly few weeks back lasted 3 weeks ,but it was doing the rounds here .Strange how you think with this balance .

Glad you got work friends to talk to ,that helps ,they see the problem you have first hand ,so your mini support group all good ,think women ,help women far greater ,hence why I prefer my 2 female Drs ,no complaints from me for them .theyve tried to help .Got to speak as you find .

They come up at work with any clues Anne ? 

Few women I know locally caught in same trap as you with this pension shift .Never fair Anne .

• Posted

No one gets through this life troubles free Fudge ,That's saddest part hey .

Keep smiling ,well as best you can .think what he's said can come back to haunt him ,that's been known to happen ,keep that in mind .xx

• Posted

So weird ladies, I have a heavy head cold at the mo and I have to admit the thought did run through my head, what if, just what if this weird thing kind of corrects itself?! Funny how we have all had the same thought! X
    • Posted

there is always that hope and it is mine also.  I am recovering from a heavy cold and my husband says what if it cures your vertigo.  I said yes 'the paradoxical approach'.
    • Posted

Wouldn,t that be great. i however dread getting a cold as it always makes it worse for me, and have to spend too much time, steaming, decongesti g (naturally if possible).  Luckily I don,t get colds (fingers crossed) much as I avoid situations in the winter where you pick them up (public transport,mpeople's children!!), and dose up,on Vit C and other things to boost my immune system.  I swear by something I,ve taken for years called Green Barley Grass,powder, and an Aussie friend of mine also who rarely gets a cold.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.