Has anyone taken proponanol with fluoxetine?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've upped my dosage of fluoxetine to 40 mg two weeks ago and having g a bad time with it at the moment. Doctor has suggested proponanol- low dose and to take when needed . Has anyone took this ?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

HI Andrea,

Yeah in my first couple of weeks of taking fluoxetine 20mg my anxiety got worse and the doctor suggested I take propanolol to ease it. It did make me feel a bit better however that night after taking 3 of them with the fluoxetine I didn't sleep for the whole night and was having panic attacks too. I know everyone's different so you may not experience that but I stopped taking propanolol after that and I've been ok since.

• Posted

Hi jade . Oh no . I've been on them years ago but not with flux . Took one before so here goes . Just upped my dose 2 weeks ago so I think I'm still adjusting again.

• Posted

my doctor at first proscibed me propranolol and diazipam, my sister went nuts insisting i needed anti depresents.. i was perscribed fluoxetine but was told not to touch the propranolol if taking the anti depressant.. !!
    • Posted

Oh I see . This one to take when needed . Only 10 mg .
    • Posted

yes mine were only 10mg.. but both doc and then pharmacist pulled me up on not taking both together.. but this was what i was told.. could be different for others..? 

• Posted

Did they say why ? Spoke to doc and pharmacist . The pharmacist said she will ring me in a week to see how I'm doing ? .

• Posted

Hi Andrea, dont know why they told me not to take same time, but saw your post and thought id say.. everyone is different i suppose...
  • Posted

Hi Andrea,  I've taken propranolol with fluoxetine, it's fine! I was taking it until about 4 weeks ago,  it kind of just eases the physical symptoms slightly so lessens the fast heart beat etc.  Don't be worried about taking them,  if they help you then I'd take them xxxxx

• Posted

Thanks Chris. Wish I had taken these earlier on. Hope your doing well .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.