Has anyone tried Aidance Skincare Terrasil skin repair for their LS?

Posted , 10 users are following.

I read about it on the internet (of course!) and the women commenting on it swear by it. I've been using Clobetasol 0.05% prescribed by my gynecologist for two weeks and I've seen no improvement at all. Am I being impatient or should I have had some relief yet from the Clobetasol.

I'm feeling quite desperate and LS is starting to invade my thoughts all day, ever day. I'd just like to sit comfortably. I have LS vulvar and all the way up the backside too😔

Thanks for any suggestions

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It seems a lot of people try or are directed to quite a few treatments, some of which woprk but also tend to thin the skin, making it more liable to injury.

There are times when adjunct treatment can help, say, when you are instructed to use a high strength cortico-steriod twice a week; in that circumstance, something that would soothe and help pacify the inflamation could be applied on the days the c-s is not applied.

One such treatment is a mix of two parts castor oil and one part coconut oil, both of these oils have very helpful properties on the skin, especially in the genital regoin as bot are anti-fungal and anti-bactrerial as well as being very emolient. This mix can be applied as often as needed, and as liberally as you wish; apart from the tackiness due to the castor oil, it is very clean and soothing. Both these oils are used in cosmetics ar moisturisers, so they have a history of trouble-free use.

Not expensive, and very easy to use. You can only find out if it helps you by trying it.

• Posted

My doctor has me on Clobetasol three days a week, twice a day and every day Estrace, twice a day. I have

used the coconut oil before I knew what I had and it seemed to help ease the pain. I will try the caster oil

and coconut mixer. I have used the coconut oil on my skin else where like the face and hands and it makes those areas soft. Thanks for the information.

• Posted

Hi Kiki,

I know what you mean about LS invading our thoughts. The Clobetasol will take time and we won't be finished with it ever.

My feeling about creams and ointments is that oily is good and use them liberally, even on top of the clobetasol. I opted out of the Premarin cream because it made me depressed. It was supposed to counteract the thinning and make the flesh more supple. I have two local women who make herbal creams and salves, so I use the light (grapeseed oil, beeswax, and vitamin E) one that absorbs well first, then the really oily ointment (vegetable oils infused with plantain weed) on top of that. I've been using clobetasol for six months and things improved gradually, but they're a LOT better since I added the creams. I'm not getting the big fissure across my perineum and I'm not squirming on the couch with the angry red ring around my anus.

What I wish I'd understood thirty or forty years ago is that scrubbing with soap is bad. I think half my improvement is from stopping hot soapy baths and nightly scrubs in front of the sink (which probably weren't properly rinsed, either.

• Posted

Morel, thanks for your input. May I ask what you wash "the area" with? My gyne said to use Dove bar with no scent, etc., but I would think that would cause drying but I'm not sure what I should use.
  • Posted

Zara, thanks for your thoughts too. I currently am on the clobetasol twice daily, so I don't have "off" days but Morrell mentioned she uses the creams/oils on top of the Clobetasol so I'm thinking I will try this.

Thanks again, girls. It sure helps to compare notes with other sufferers.

• Posted

Hi Kiki,

You should ask your Doctor to prescribe an emollient to wash with, I use Hydromol which I get in 500ml tubs for the price of a prescription, you can buy it over the counter but it's much more expensive. There are other makes available too. It's brilliant for LS as ANY kind of soap is a no no. I've just been away from home a few days and forgot my Hydromol, I bought some Sanex Zero shower gel but boy am I suffering now and that's supposed to be kind to skin and have no perfumes or soaps added! Hydromol is great to use on your face too!

Best wishes,

Hazel

• Posted

By the way, you can use the castor oil/coconut oil mix as many times as you wish every day, as it has no pharmaceutical content you are not "dosing" with it, just using it as a balm.Also, I have found that it knocks over basal cell carcinomas pretty quickly, apply as often as you like, pick the scab off the lesion and reapply. I removed a couple on 3-4 mm diameter lesions within a week from my face. My medico was stunned by the result, had wanted to excise them. Not a guaranteed cure, but I have found it works, and no recurrence showing up 12 months later. No scarring is another plus.

Cheers and good luck.

• Posted

Zara, where do you buy castor oil and cocoanut oil? I'm in the US so I don't know if I need to go to a drug store, such as a Walgreen's or a health food type store as in GNC? Thanks again for your help

• Posted

I live in the US, you can buy the cocunut oil in the grocery section where they sell Crisco and other oils, it is in a canister, the caster oil is in the area where they sell prescriptions and other health needs.

• Posted

I used Dove soap for years, and the doctors do tell you to use non scented Dove. I recently bought Vagisil, moisturizing wash, it is supposed to be for sensitive skin for this area, but I do not find it as soothing as the Dove soap. Dove is more moisturing soap than the Vagisil, don't think I will buy any more of the Vagisil.

• Posted

Kiki, I'd say Dove is NOT OK, it's soap and is still going to remove all your 'good' bacteria. I've just been using plain water for a couple of months now. It's counter-intuitive for someone who's been pretty compulsive about being 'clean' down there forever, but it seems to work. I use wet toilet tissue after a BM.

• Posted

Kiki, definitely do not use soap of any kind. If you get prescribed one of the emollients from your GP that is all you should wash with. I use Epaderm, thicker than Hydromol. It looks like goose fat but actually mixes with water to make a beautifully creamy wash. Just put some on a wet sponge and wash with that. Relief. Then use Clobetasol leaving it on for at least one hour before applying Epaderm liberally to moisturise. I use this every time I go to the toilet. Keeping things moist, soap, perfume and urine free will enable the LS to calm down. I also use sensitive skin babywipes when out which don't seem to affect me.
  • Posted

Chrisy-Does Epaderm soak into your skin so that you're able to wear clothes without getting it all over them? This does sound like a good product

• Posted

Chrisy-I just ordered Epaderm after checking out all the suggestions and I can't wait to give it a try once it arrives! It'll be 18-26 days until I receive it, so I'm trying to be patient.

Thanks to everyone for you suggestions. I'm glad I've got you all to share our thoughts☺️

• Posted

Kiki55,

It does soak into your skin a bit but a lot remains on the surface to act as a barrier. I use panty liners to protect my panties. I wash with it all over my body but rinse it off. It still moisturises when you do this. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.