Has anyone went off meds

Posted , 4 users are following.

Had my first anxiety attach in 2009 out of the blue. Went to er dr didn't say it was anxiety. Checked for heart attack. The next week again at

1 like, 16 replies

Report / Delete

16 Replies

• Posted

No but I'll let you know what happens when I come off of Propranolol or Sertraline.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I withdrew from Anti Depressents - Effeclor xl
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I wish I knew if how I feel is because i am withdrawing van venlafaxine ER (Effexor) I am so stressed out/anxiety sky high/ face and neck ar numb etc etc etc...

when does it start to get easier.

take care all

Sxx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Its tough going, I wont lie frown

It take a few weeks till it gets easier, until then I would advise taking plenty of vitamins (LTheanine, Vit B, Magnesium, Multi Vit) have all been recommended to me.

Perhaps try a bit of reiki, meditation, read some books.

These have all helped me a little bit smile

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks for posting, yep it is tough going and as I don't know if I am doing the right thing that makes me more stressed and anxious.

I wish I had someone I could talk/mail with one on one to just have a good moan about these awful mh problems which we all seem to be suffering from...

I'm taking all sorts of vtiamins and Omega 3.. I've got a crystal and I take passiflora...tried Mindfulness and meditation... honest I will try anything,

how long have you been off your meds... what did you take?

take care

Sxx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I was taking Effexor xl same as you, the top dose of 300mg.

Off them now over 2 months and still suffering terribly with panic attacks, anxiety and depression. They gave me the Lyrica to help with withdrawing and afterwards but it hasnt done anything for me sad

Are you taking anything else

Was in with my doctor last week and she wasnts me to start back on a different antidepressent as she thinks I have a chemical imbalance and its the only think that will sort me at the moment but Im after getting so far, its hard to know what to do sad

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi

Coincidence my psych. doc wanted me to start Lyrica without stopping venlafaxine... I Googled it and I think that was when I decided I would try to come off the meds....really don't like the look of Lyrica...

I see my doctor next week and hope that she will support my decision... maybe they are right an we do have a chemical imbalance but I am determined to give it a try without the mind benders...

I take extra VitC...Omega3 and Vit.D.

I have omazepam for when the anxiety/stress gets too bad but I only take ¼ of 5mg just takes the top off.. I seem to be very sensitive to medicatie. If I took more than 112.50mg venlafaxine the side effects were unbearable...another reason to stop, I wasn't taking enough to help GAD etc...

I'm trying everything... have got a crystal hanging on a cord round my neck and am taking passiflora/valerian.

who knows maybe they will help....

there is more things in heaven and earth etc etc.

take care

Sxx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I know im the same as you, have tried everything and anything over the years and keep getting relapses, this is the worst ive had in a long time.. its torture sad The relaxants are brill for taking the edge off I find too!

Going to give it another few weeks till I hit the 3 month mark antidepressent free and ill decide then whether to try these new drugs I havent been on before called Lustral!

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

What a difference a day makes... yesterday I was Ok not good but OK. Today has been pretty bad.. so unbelievably tense and nervous, like a tightly wound spring.... No definite reason... I'll put it down to the withdrawal, got to blame something...

Shall we hang in there together. I am not giving up, not yet anyway...

you mentioned Lustra...do you mean Lyrica???.. I don't like the sound of that at all another "heavy" mind bender..

take care,

keep in touch

Sxx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yeah every day is different. You never know what the next day will bring.

Lustral is Setraline another antidepressent SSRI

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I've been cutting down slowly for months but never have a good day... just struggling through..surviving.

On ½ of 37.50mg capsule at the moment, about 75 tiny white balls/beads. In every capsule is a different amount....sure that can't be right.

At the moment I feel as if my head doesn't belong to me and I am exhausted...

keep going tho' no other options..

take care Sxx

where are you?  I'm in Holland.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I am in Ireland. Starting to withdraw now from the lyrica they put me on as am after gaining too much weight from it. After cutting back from 150mg to 75mg
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yes. It was not fun at all and withdrawals  and felt so strange for a while. Went off twenty years ago. But do have xanax for extreme moments.still remember the withdrawls though.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

No i used buspar  and klonopin. I am unable to use ssris. Klonopin when it first cam out was usued daily and said not to be addictive..ooh they clearly were mistaken. I had a some experience going through withdrawls but made it. 
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up