Has Citalopram stopped working ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I  finished a course of radiation on my sinus areas around 4 weeks ago. Just recently I have been getting pins /needles etc in my body that are the same side effects i felt when i ceased taking my Citalopram in the past.  Is it possible the radiation treatment could have effected the functioning of the Citalopram  or is it possible it has just stopped working as I have been on 40Mg for about 15 years?

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Do you have any other symptoms, besides the pins and needles? If not, I'd say it's just a coincidence, or maybe even a side effect of the radiation itself.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Kelly,

I have had a number of complications over the weeks, but this symptom has appeared after most things had settled down, when I say pins/needles it is more like a tingling sensation.  I have had the exact symptoms when i ceased the citalopram years ago.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

You might need some time to adjust again to the Citalopram. I would imagine the radiation could definitely interfere with it some. That would be my guess rather than the Citalopram quit working.

?My co-worker went through radiation maybe 7-8 years ago now? She still has some side effects from it, such as being cold most of the time, and having an increased sense of smell. There's a machine we can't use at work while she's there, because the chemical scent of it makes her ill.....the rest of us don't even notice the smell;-).

?

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I'm guessing its maybe interfered with it a little and that you're just feeling the effects of that, and I'm also guessing that it'll right itself in time too.  Your body has also gone through quite an ordeal and that can also have an effect on the body so it could be your body just needs to settle.  Our body's are quite delicate things and often complain to us when they've gone through something.

Could be either or both of these.  Always best to check with your doctor too.

K xx

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up