Hashimoto disease/thyroiditis

Posted , 2 users are following.

Can someone please break down this disease for me 

Like how is it acquired

Is it permanent 

Read it’s hyperthyroidism then hypothyroidism 

Does it cause thyroid cancer 

My inflammation was short lived but accompanied by one enlarged lymph node also went down 

Do you experience nights sweats in the initial phase 

Does it affect your blood work 

Please help thanks 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi adviceneeded01, 

I've had hypothyroidism for 10 years now and it is permanent. I did have hyperthyroidism last Spring and threw me for a loop. I really believe I was in a thyroid storm.  I had palpitations really bad, anxiety, panic attacks, sweating, lost 30 lbs., couldn't sleep, fast heartbeat, etc. I was taking too much synthroid and that is what through me into hyperthyroidism. My youngest son was 7 months when all this came about, so my TSH levels were changing. Your thyroid levels change constantly, so it's important to have your family doctor or endocrinologist follow your blood tests and keep a close eye on your TSH levels.  My doctor suggested I be gluten free as gluten causes inflammation in the body. The thyroid can become inflamed, just like anything else in your body caused by inflammation. I'm also on some natural vitamins that are good to keep your body regulated, too! 

• Posted

Thanks Loves for your reply 

My daughter is 4. So maybe I’ve always had this condition and never paid any attention to it. It just came out of nowhere. I have the same symptoms you’ve listed and I’m really losing it. I’m currently on methiazole. I was told mines is accompanied by Hashimoto disease. I’m so lost with this new diagnosis. Any advice you have is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.