Hashitoxicosis

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been having hyperthyroid symptoms for about 9 months. My levels keep fluctuating. My symptoms have gotten so much worse in the last week I went from eating 4-6 meals a day to 8-12. I have no energy, I can't barely sit upright for an hour. There is pain and swelling at the base of my neck intermitantly. The pain has been especially bad tonight. The mental symptoms are worse too.  From only a few days apart my radioactive iodine uptake indicated hyperthyroid but my blood test were within normal range. From what I have read hashitoxicosis seems like the most likely culprit. My endo doesn't know what is going on so I am doing my own research until I can get in with a new doctor.

What I couldn't find a lot on was how long these fluctations normally last before it goes hypo or goes hyper consistantly? From what I saw online 100-165 days is pretty much the max and I am way past that mark. From what I understand from my research if it doesn't level out by a certain tme the usual procedure is to remove the thyroid. 

I am going to get all of my tests printed out for me so I can look at it all at once because I'm reading it can fluctuate so quickly that it is important to see where the numbers are even if they are in the range of normal. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I have never heard of Hashi patients being in the range of normal.  What you may have is an adrenal condition called pheochromocytoma.  It affects the thyroid the way you describe.
  • Posted

I have the same thing plus Thyroid Eye disease.  Did your symptoms continue?  Did you get thyroidectomy?  

I am being told thyroidectomy may be the only way to stop the madness.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.