HATE ANXIETY

Posted , 4 users are following.

WHY DO I BE WAKING UP OUT MY SLEEP HAVING A ATTACK

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hey yes plz someone plz shed sum light n this im often waking up during nite with heart racing n pounding wats oin on very scary i this normal even en i dont feel anxious?? 
  • Posted

I dont have a real answer for you... I do the same thing. Do you go to bed worried?
    • Posted

NO I DON'T AND I DON'T LIKE THE FEELING CAUSE I FEEL LIKE I'M DYING AND DON'T WANT TO GO TO SLEEP 
    • Posted

well then. my anxiety is the highest at night. like im having an attack right now, and I go to bed soon to wake up early for work. I'm sorry you feel this way... i hope you get it figured out

• Posted

I've read that cortisol (the stress hormone) is highest upon waking...
    • Posted

Jean31560 I can be sleep and it wake me up out my sleep AND it feel like my body is shaking AND I'm in a dream 
    • Posted

I meant that cortisol is high in the morning. And if the level is elevated, it will affect you whether you're asleep or awake.
    • Posted

When we are feeling stressed, our bodies produce a hormone called Cortisol. Cortisol levels are naturally at their highest in the morning and lowest at night.  Our bodies will also produce Cortisol when we are feeling anxious to help with the “fight or flight” response.

It becomes a vicious cycle. We wake up feeling intense because of the stored up Cortisol levels throughout the night, which makes us feel anxious, so our bodies continue to pump out Cortisol, which creates more anxiety, which produces more cortisol, which causes us to feel more anxious, etc.

• Posted

Jean31560 that's how I feel like it's a dream AND unreal 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.