Hate constantly worrying

Posted , 5 users are following.

I hate a constantly worrying it is so draining! About half an hour ago I was walking and I had some palpitations. My fit bit said my heart rate was 139 and I started panicking. It remained in the 130s for probably less than a minute before it went to 120s and eventually a couple of minutes later back to 90.

I thought I was having a heart attack. I'm tired of feeling that every episode of racing heart is heart attack,

Now I have a headache and itching everywhere - anyone else get the itches due to anxiety?

Sorry for rant.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Sorry no itches but 30 yeas ago I was diagnosed with a small extra heart beat so I get palpitations a few times hear and there.  Anyway it causes extreme anxiety but the dr said just remember your not going to die if you have palpitations just relax and keep telling yourself that.  Also it would not hurt to talk to your gp about your concerns there are tons is meds that may help you.
    • Posted

Thank you I will talk to gp to put mind at rest. I have had a lot of acid reflux lately so that could be having me on edge too xx
  • Posted

Take off the fitbit and throw it in a draw lol. These numbers go up and down all the time and rarely have any true meaning. If you have had an exam and feel good until you see those numbers then the fit bit is not for you. It is a horrible gadget for anyone with health anxiety or who is a hypochondriac.

yes people can get itchy. It a nervous response in some people. Take a shower and rinse off youll feel better. And trash the fitbit. You clearly know when you are walking or moving around without some high tech junk telling you you are moving.

• Posted

Great point lisa gonna take it off.

I just want one day and one night that I am not panicking.

Just one

Xx

• Posted

It will get managed. It really will. Its the first year or two with this thats the roughest. I saw about your acid reflux. Ill tell you what i have learned in my life this all starts in the gut. It seems too. You think its acid reflux, heart burn and you never change your diet or correct that with proper eating and such and then after a while the gut starts messing around with absorption and causes you isses. Acid reflus alone can cause palps and pains,  And if they have you on proton pump inhubitors make sure it is short term and see a nutritionist. **World of difference can come to you when you stomach is functioning well. Youll feel a lot better. Thats just my opinion and my experience.but i learned the hard way. Take good care of your stomach. And it will take good care of you in return.
    • Posted

Lol I never heard of the stupid thing, good advice no wonder your having panic attacts.  What ever happened in the simpler days when you got a plastic step counter in your cereal box.
  • Posted

i get itching everywhere too! it says its from anxiety but i dont know if it is! i hope you feel better
  • Posted

I dont itch, but can feel burning skin which is deffo the anx, as it goes when i am calm.

I agree re fit bit.... Deffo an anxiety riser..... i had low resting pulse rate for ages as i am on beta blockers.. but when i see it go low on fit bit my anxiety soars... so i am weaning off checking it,

I just use it for the steps and to ensure i try and get the 8 hrs sleep i need xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.