Hate my life

Posted , 5 users are following.

In about 2011 I was assaulted and from there my life went down hill. I stopped wanting to go to work and when there I didn't do anything. I found myself racing home where I felt secure. Away from my kids I felt vulnerable but then I started to have a short fuse with them. I couldn't go to work in the end as I was a manager and it was becoming too hard. At home my marriage was failing and our intimacy stopped. I got in trouble at work and was forced to leave last year. My wife was drinking heavily and started degrading me and telling me that I was no longer a man. The insults happened every Time she drank. I ended up getting in trouble with police by chatting online and my world crashed. I started to see a phsycologist and went on sertraline. I had lost 22kg and didn't eat for three weeks. I had ensomnia, leg spasms, stomach cramps, dizziness sore limbs. The dose went up to 200mg. I then changed to another that made me more suicidal and I twice tried to end my life. I am now on 45g mirtazapine and feel so much better. I still have court to go and bad days are less now.

What I want to know is does anyone else have situations where they had we rational behaviour that made them do outrageous things that is against their beliefs?

I still can't go out in public or to local supermarket or anywhere where there are lots of people. Does it ever end?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Have you been checked for bi-polar disorder? My wife went off the rails 12 years ago & did some bizzare things. We split up & she went with someone else, I could never believe anything she told me, wheras before she could not tell a lie to save her life. Her behaviour was a 180deg turn from her normal self. She was diagnosed as bi-polar & is on meds for it. She has settled down quite a lot, but the doubt is still there. It's worth checking out, Murray, good luck my friend.
    • Posted

Hi lee it's interesting what you have said about bipolar I am ill every 3 months and still waiting for a review I am very well when im well and so low when ill. Wondering if I might be bipolar although long story about what's happened. Have the meds helped your wife?

Thanks

Chris

• Posted

Hi Murray,

Sorry to hear of your struggles, but the answer is yes, it does get better. You were well before, you'll be well again.

Out of interest, has it occured to any of the doctors you've seen that you may be suffering from PTSD, following the assault in 2011? Maybe not, if your problems began before the assault, but if not I would so some research and see if PTSD resembles your symtoms and then run it by a professional for an opinion.

All the best.

• Posted

Hi Helen, there were some signs of ptsd and some other dissociate disorders as well. I feel there is some of that in my diognosis .
  • Posted

I suffer from depression but I am yet to be diagnosed with it or given medication. (which I am waiting on)  On many occasions I do wonder what the point is in a lot of things and I have the occasional thought about ending my life but then I think to myself there is no point in ending it as I still have lots to live for.  I have done a couple of outrageous things in my life but nothing to talk about.  I do think I need to go on a anger management course as I find that I am easily irritated by other women.
    • Posted

Think you will find medication will take the edge off for you and help you to think straighter
  • Posted

I also think there are just as many abusive women around as there are men.  I find that women are pretty bitchy and can become pretty violent towards other women or even men If they do not get what they want or they are jealous of other women/men.  Especially when it comes to women with their boyfriends/girlfriends!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.