Hate this!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm so stressed out ever since iv start sertraline I can't sleep, before I took any medcations I used to wake up in a panic attack every night they put me on mirtizapine and it actually helped but caused so much weight gain I stopped taking in 2 days ago I don't care if it's only been 2 days or whatever I can feel the difference. I went to sleep at 11 and woke up at 12 in a massive panic attack was sweating hearts racing felt like I was about to pas out. Rifht now I feel like I can't breath!!! All I wanna do is sleep but I cant 😩

0 likes, 8 replies

Report / Delete

8 Replies

• Posted

Do you feel any better yet? Xx
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

No I really feel like I'm dying 😩. I'm sweating!! Dry mouth n everything I keep swallowing and feel like I got flem stuck in the back of my throat I woke up so scared I didn't know what was happening!!! Everyone keeps saying ITS ALLL IN THE MIND. No it isn't i feel soo terrible am I dying
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

How long have you been on sertraline? I am on 150mg of sertraline so I know where your coming from x
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi michaela, I really know how your feeling, but trust me it will get better. Sertraline takes a while to kick in to your system. Everything u r experiencing is the start up effects and does get worse before it gets better, but it will get better. It will take a couple of weeks for the heightened anxiety and all the other side effects to go but u will def have some good days soon. I started on 50mg for 8 weeks then upped to 100mg now for 6 weeks, and my anxiety is def better. 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I keep waiting up in a sweat and heart racing will I die? I feel so terrible well they wanted me to take 50mg for 3 days then move me up to 100mg I'm so scared jusy duno whay to do, is certraline good? Ever since iv taken it I haven't been sleeping or eating x
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I was exactly the same. What time of day do u take it? I take mine just before I get into bed and have had no trouble sleeping, the first couple of weeks I did have night sweats ( and day sweats ) didn't want to eat, felt sick, felt tired, heightened anxiety, headaches. They all went within 2 weeks but it was hard and I felt like they ere never going to work but they do. I know it's hard and horrible and u feel worse and like your never going to feel better but YOU WILL. Try to keep yourself busy as much as possible, I started to learn to knit and that really helped, also word search books, reading celeb magazines. Also I got some meal replacement shakes as I was not eating much, also bananas and ginger biscuits for the nausea. I also took rescue remedy on my anxious days and that really helped and u can take it with sertraline. Have u heard of it? I def recommend it for anyone suffering with the start up of sertraline x
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi,

I've been feeling the same recently and it's awful. I know weight gain isn't ideal but you say the mirtizapine made you feel better, would you not consider taking it short term while you need to focus on getting yourself better? As long as you have a healthy lifestyle then once you're feeling more yourself you can then come off the tablets and the weight will get better. I've just been given mirtizapine and take my first one tonight and I'm really hoping it makes me feel better. I also use rescue remedy as in one of the other replies and its herbal flower remedy and does make you feel calmer x

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up