hate this

Posted , 5 users are following.

His I haven't posted for a wee while I was doing bit better but past few week I had pain/discomfort in my legs started in left calf but moves around rest of leg and other leg also. Convicted myself I had a dvt even tho no swelling or redness and I don't have any risk factors. I am now convinced I'm going to have a blood clot on my lung as I have a sore back wish I could stop thinking this way. I Google as usual and could be sciatica which is more Likey but my mind is saying dvt and I'm going to die

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Do you walk? Walking is a great idea. Excersise too. Keep everything moving around. High protein diets are suppose to be good for sciatica issues according to the doctor my father in law saw. I dont know much about dvt but i think its a not moving around for many hours at a time thing, or from flying really long flights and not stretching. Dehydrated muscles can hurt too. Do they have a quick test for that to calm you..i dont know much about that. 
  • Posted

I too have pain in my legs, mostly the left one. On my calf and the front of my leg sometimes feel sore but it's not red or swollen. I feel it all the timeand there are no lumps so of course I'm a Hypochondriac so I'm totally freaking out.
    • Posted

I'm the same just trying to tell myself it's nothing bad especially since its not as bad as it was
  • Posted

I have had two back surgeries and sciatic pain usually radiates down the outside of calves and can go to toes.

If you can get out and walk it is helpful to see if it relieves anything.

• Posted

This paimessage started in outside of calf then it gradually started going to thigh and bun and now back is sore. It better when walking about worse when sit
  • Posted

You have just described exactly me!! Glad I'm not he only one but not glad for you as I really feel for you. I had this for weeks and I panicked every single day. I couldnt sleep or eat and kept going to doctors even went to hospital they said it was fine. They told me about the redness and that it would be rock hard and also that it only ever affects 1 leg. Mine never was so that eased my worries a little. It was probably just muscle pain. Mine has now gone away and my legs are totally back to normal but it did take a while. I found that if I didn't worry about it as much (easier said than done I know) then it went away quicker. Hope this helps x
    • Posted

Thank glad it's not just me also x it makes me worry so much I know deep down I have no risk factors for dvt no swelling or tenderness and it isn't actually that sore more uncomfortable and I'm really aware of it. I do have health anxiety which in past few months has changed from my heart to a stroke and now to a blood clot. I have good days in between this haha. How r u doing now
    • Posted

I did have risk factors which worries me even more! I also have health anxiety too and it's a nightmare. All the things I think of I tell myself it's highly unlikely for example you said a stroke and dvt and heart. It's highly unlikely you would have all at once or even at all at least that's what I say to myself anyway. Yeah I'm ok like you good and bad days thank you for asking. Great comfort to know that what I think someone else may be the same. Hope your worries ease soon. Here for a chat anytime x
    • Posted

I went to my doctor today she examined my leg all over and said she is positive it's not dvt as no pain when she loved on pressed it etc so feel bit better. She also listened to my chest and lungs and said was all clear so hopefully I can calm down a bit now. Hope you had a good day and I'm here to talk anytime also x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.