Have a few questions about medications and dizziness

Posted , 2 users are following.

Ok, so I'm 28. I moved to the city in 2010 from a small town. I started seeing someone to manage my medicines that I was on. I think which was Zoloft and a few others. Around 2014 or so I was on 3 to 4 different medicines. I was very active in the gym. I would go to our amusement parks and the beach. Never had a problem. I think around 2016 I was on celexa and effexor XR. I've been on a blood thinner since I was probably around 12 or 13. Fast forward to last September or August. I was on celexa 20 mg and effexor XR. Around the 4th of October I started to feel dizzy at work. I realized I have been missing my celexa. I probably missed 3 or 4 doses. I finally got the medicine back in my system for about a week. On the 5th of October I left work for a leave of absence. I was talking to my primary care doctor and she thought I was on to much. So I started tappeeing off celexa. For the next 4 months I was tampering off, getting on, and trying new medicines. I finally got on a stable regimen and less medicine. Around Feb 20 I was feeling pretty good which is when I returned back to work. I was taking some Ativan for anxiety and to help me sleep, because I was having problems sleeping. I was taking .5 at night. Didn't have any problems. Then it started not to be as effective. Then eventually 1 mg a day. Then .5 in the afternoon and 1mg at night. But I haven't been consistently sticking to that regimen. I've been doing physical therapy for about 2 months now but in the past 2 weeks I stared to feel lose and dizzy. Like when I stand up still or walk and then stop I feel wozzy and things aren't still. When I took down or side to side and focus on something I feel like my head is moving. My mom thinks it's just because i haven't been consistent with my Ativan. I called my psych doctor today and he said to take .25 in the morning and night for 2 weeks and come off. Will this dizziness go away after that or while I'm sticking to that regimen? Oh and my ENT ruled out vertigo.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

If you get vertigo you will know it no matter what the doc says. It's like your standing still and things are moving around you. You know there not moving. Like a hilucination.

• Posted

Yeah it's definitely not that. But when I stand over a table or look around on a shelf I get dizzy. I can move around for the most part, but I'm just still when I stop. Is it just the medicine?

• Posted

Sorry. I meant not still when I stop. Like out side walking around and standing I don't really notice it. But when around a lot of stuff or standing up inside I feel off balance. Things don't spin but my head feels like it's lose and things move. But just a little bit. Again, i will be off the Ativan in 13 day's. .25 in the morning and night and I'm off. I felt better before I started taking it. I mean I was on it for a week and then afrer that I stated to feel more off when I wasn't taking it regularly, when I was suppose to take more than .5 twice a day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.