Have a look at these.

Posted , 3 users are following.

If you can look on youtube, put in these searches.

People are Awesome

There are still good people

Restoring faith in humanity

Real life heroes

They are all compiled videos of actual events where people help other people. Enjoy.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You are on the wrong site; read the instructions and take your thoughts elsewhere.
    • Posted

The heading of this site surely says it all, Patricia. This is not another facebook/twitter/fun site for anyone to empty their heads; there is a serious purpose for this site which should not be confused with any run-of-the-mill ones. Although we have picked up some trolls, almost inevitably.
  • Posted

The reason for putting these suggested youtube searches on here is because I am very clear that this is a forum for depression. I have depression and have found that watching these videos helps lift my spirits and remind me that the world is not such a dark place. They have been very therapeutic for me and I put them on the forum as a suggestion that people might like to look at.

I thought part of the function of this forum was for us to exchange and help each other with anything we may find that has helped us.

These videos are serious, they are not some gimmicky funsite. I suggest you watch them before jumping to conclusions.

The nature of depression is that is very, very serious about everything all the time. This is part of what is askew about the depressed viewpoint. It also always jumps to the negative possibiltys of any situation, Which you have demonstrated in your response.

I am not a 'troll' whatever that is. I am an ordinary human being who suffers from depression and anxiety, thank you very much and I will continue to put posts on this forum that I think other sufferers might find useful.

• Posted

Then it is such a pity that you did not tell everyone here that to start with. There have been other attempts to introduce websites and content on here which have been unacceptable. In the main the content here is all about personal experiences which a lot of the questioners want to know.

Whether or not the videos are serious they are available elsewhere for anyone who is looking for such content. They may or may not be reliable content and they may not even be true - so much digital content can be manipulated that the risk is high.

As someone who has had periods of depression and seen family members also suffering depression I can say there is no constant that applies to all of us. I cannot agree with your comment on the "nature" of depression; indeed if you read most of the comments on this site you will find that there are many different aspects to depression, almost as many as there are individuals seeking information, help and guidance.

One point I am sure about is that you cannot jolly a person out of their depression. Someone who is just down as opposed to clinical depression can respond to attempts to lift their spirits. Showing what others may have done is no way to treat depression.

If you want help or to help others here then ask your questions or provide personal experiences (about your depression) that others wish to know. So I am glad you've told us you'll be staying here and maybe there are questions you would like some answers on. You could also find it beneficial to read the accounts of others together with suggestions from those who understand particular problems.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.