Have anyone had an Ankle arthroscopy?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello there!

Have anyone had an Ankle arthroscopy? How do you feel now? Is the fibrosis come back?

Thank you

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I might have to have a ankle arthroscopy. As I am still in pain. I can only walk for 15 minutes
  • Posted

Hi there!

Yes I had a triple arthrodesis done Nov 19th 2016.  I was in a plaster cast for 2 weeks then mooved on to an air boot but no weight bearing.  So far so good I go back ot the doctor at the end of January and then I will find out if I can put partial weight on it.  It apparently takes many months but for now I am happy the swelling is down as for the pain it is too early to say without actually putting my foot down.  I know the cold weather agravates it.  Good luck with your surgery and sorry I can't be of more help with the end result but as I move along I will post the progress.

• Posted

Hi

I had an arthroscopy but it didnt help at all, had no problems with recovery or anything really but just didnt help.

I know have a replacment which has changed my life.

Steve

• Posted

Hi Steve,

Yesterday the doctors said to me that I will need a replacement. What kind is yours - fusion or endoprothesis? In which hospital did you make the operation? How do you walk now?

Thank you a lot

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.