have anyone have to deal with DEPERSONALISATION AND DEREALISATION? and how did you overcame it?

Posted , 8 users are following.

"experience an almost uncontrollable urge to question and think about the nature of reality and existence as well as other deeply philosophical questions.Individuals who experience depersonalization can feel divorced from their own personal physicality by sensing their body sensations, feelings, emotions and behaviors as not belonging to the same person or identity. Also, a recognition of self breaks down (hence the name)."

2 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, part of my Health Anxiety is the 'impending sense of doom' that I feel. Hopeless, empty, I'm just a shell.... sometimes I feel like I'll never be able to experience joy ever again! Then I get scared that my life will just go on like this... with me over thinking every little thing, worrying about every aspect of my health.

But then... I do feel like I'm getting better...but by bit. I think the thought of there being nothing after life on earth scares me. I do believe in God, which I find helps a lot. It makes me feel less alone. Also makes me feel that, even if I do get ill and die, there will be a nice existence afterwards. Makes me feel less hopeless and gloomy. Actually that's an under statement... it makes me feel positive and hopeful! I hope you find your peace of mind somehow. I don't want to sound like a religious nutcase 😜 But maybe just a little prayer to ask for help to 'someone up there'...?

Xxx

• Posted

OMG is like you read my mind i help just like you. by the way i pray every day. are you taking any medication? how long have been feeling like this? what have you done to get better?

• Posted

Came on suddenly August /016, but I ignored it... put it all down to life stress, but it got worse, and got to boiling point about Nov time. Since then I've been to see a nurologust twice (terrified it's a neurological disease) GP for blood test and found a Christian CBT therapist. Have had two sessions (over Skype) so early days yet.

It's comforting to know we're not alone, or going mad, and that others feel the same. What's your story? Hugs xxx

• Posted

i havent been out of my house in over a year over thinking about mejor open heart surgeries that i was going to have, one night i was thinking deeply philosophical questions about reality that same night i had a major panic attack. i thought it was my heart so i dint pay attention to my mind after that day never been the same. i wake up shaking and disoriented every day.  [cry] ​ hugs
  • Posted

When you feel like you're looking through a piece of glass, how are you able to drive like that? Or do you avoid driving when that is happening? I have had that same type of vision  when I'm stressed out and I avoid driving  when I have that because I feel like I would feel disoriented or not safe on the road. 

• Posted

do you avoid driving when that is happening? yes, i dont drive just in case. I used sunglasses, it helps me out alot. you can try using it might help you. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.