Have been prescribed orlistat today, but a bit unsure!

Posted , 3 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi All,

I have been reading through everyones posts and they all have some helpful info on them.

I am 27 and want to lose 3 stone. I went on reductil and lost a large amount of weight really really fast, but have put it back on so quickly without even realising! I am so disappointed in myself, and feel like my family think I have failed too. They are all really sporty and slim and fit, I am the black sheep!

What sort of results am I looking at happening with this?! I understand its different in everyone, but am concerned that the same will happen.

Would it be a good idea to join some form of dieting group? Because in all honesty I have no idea where to start with this 3% fat rule?! How do you know if there too mush fat? And what if there isnt any fat, does the tablet do anything then?!

My god! So many questions!

Hope some one can help!!!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there....I was in the same position as you on 1st April. I was 13 stone then and now I am 12stone and 8lb. I wouldn't say it was quick compared to some other quick- fix regimes but it seems to be steady. I didn't have a bad eating regime before I started so with just a few tweaks I am on the downward way. Just so you can have some idea what is norm (for me) here is a days's eating. Morning:- 25 grams porridge made with half milk half water. Tea with semi-skimmed milk. OR 1 oz wholemeal bread and half banana and tea. Lunch could be salad with hard boiled egg for protein. or poached.boled egg and 1 oz bread. Dinner could be grilled steak/chicken/fish with vegetables, potato cooked in microwave (I don't like pasta or rice) then cut into wedges, sprayed with olive oil and grilled until brown. If I feel hungry I eat fruit...I also eat fruit with my after dinner coffee (this is where I would have hit the tins for home made goodies). I use semi-skimmed milk. Given that I was paranoid about fat after I'd taken the first tablet I was pleasantly surprised that I haven't had any of the dreadful side effects others have. The way I see it is that the tablet is a deterent.....if you don't obey the too much fat rule you will suffer - not worth the trouble, so be good.
  • Posted

Thank you! It sheds a little more light on the whole process. I find it bad how I have just been plied with the pills but not given any info as to how to make them work to the best they can!

I understand its common sense to eat 'correctly' but sometimes people need a little push in the right direction!!

Thank you again, I have had enough of feeling like a lump, just want to be rid of it now! x

• Posted

Take your tablets and follow the no fat/little fat guidelines....I just read the labels to check fat content.....meat is difficult to portion...but I've had up to 6 oz of steak also sprayed with olive oil with no side effects at all. The general rule for WW is 4 oz of meat per meal as far as I can remember. Cut out cheese save for cottage cheese....I don't particularly relish it but eat it for variety.

You have been fortunate (like me) to be afforded the opportunity to use the tablets and if they are right for you go for it....like you I am fed up looking like I do so now is our chance to look and feel better. Be positive, always. When you have a bad day....forget about it and start the next day with head held high. You know you can do it....yes, you can!

• Posted

No disrespect.... it is slow for people... because youre all eating bread! Dont eat bread it makes women fat. End of.

Just my two pence sterling.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up