Have Hope

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey guys.

The last time I posted on these forums, I was talking about how I wanted to commit suicide due to a varied degrees of reasons. I was so down, and I really didn't want to live anymore. I had very few reasons to want to stay alive. 

Since I made that post, I have tried to be optimistic, looking at all the positives in life and appreciating them day to day. It hasnt been easy, in fact, I've still been very sad and depressed, and only occasionally have I been happy since that post. That actually makes me quite sad to say; Since the post I made about wanting to commit suicide, I've only been happy about 1/4 of the time since. But tonight, that all changed. I met someone at random, a girl, and we hit it off. She seems to love everything I do, and she seems to have gone through the same problems I have. After meeting her, suddenly everything seemed bright and nice in the world. 

My friends have still mostly all abandoned me, and there's only three people I can trust, but after meeting her tonight, I feel so much better about everything.

The point I'm trying to make is that these things happen randomly and beatifully  to us. We have to appreciate and embrace these events, as they can help us grow and overcome our problems. I've felt happy for the first time in months, and it is truly a very nice feeling.

I want all of you to look at your lives and instead of feeling down and depressed, the same way I felt for about 2 years, look at the positives and try and improve your life. Even if its only something like going to the gym and having a goal to achieve, if it distracts the dark depression that hangs over you, then its clearly a good thing to do. Eventually, something will happen and you will feel  truly happy to live on this Earth.

Have a good night / day guys, you're truly all inspirationall, and I hope you get the best out of life, night night smile And remember, have hope! 

4 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sam, I read your post and i am pleased for you that you have met a wonderful girl who can understand you. I am also glad you didn't commit suicide and that you are finding happiness. I beleive that things can happen randomly as you say, but if we don't try to improve our lives then we could miss out on things. I remember years ago i was in a very bad place and i randomly went into a shop and the owner asked me out. I didn't say i was suicidal to him. The day i was supposed to meet i was at the Samaritians office talking about feeling suicidal, then went home and thought you know what i have a date. I decided to go and for the next 6 months my life was great, he cared for me and took me places, i helped in the shop and he clothed me, fed me, i saw a life i didn't think was possible for me. Anyway we eventually split as he was from a different culture and was forced to marry one of his own. I then met my husband again randomly, i was at a mutual friends and we fell in love. We married, had 2 children. Unfortunately he became ill with mental health and commited suicide 6 years later. I couldn't save him, nobody could, only himself. This is why i found your post inspiring because you have gradually helped yourself out of the darkness, we have to hope as sometimes that's all we have left. Hope can change our lives but we have to put in the effort. Things will not change if we are not willing to help ourselves. I admire you for helping yourself instead of wallowing in self pity. I now have 2 beautiful daughters and 2 beautiful grand children. I have difficulities walking now so life can be a struggle, but i have joined a meet up group in my area and i am going to meet with 22 other people, 3 i already know and 19 i don't. I am looking forward to meeting new people and having a curry next Sat. I truly hope you have some wonderful times with this new relationship, enjoy each and everyday, a little at a time.

Best wishes.

Elizabeth. 

• Posted

thats a lovely uplifting insperational post thanks for that it made me smile and Good Luck and blessings for the future smile
  • Posted

You are such a brave lady after all you have been through and i totally agree with you must help yourself ,find inner strength as no one can do it for you but only guide you ,hope you have a lovely time and meet new friends

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.