Have I got anxiety?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Over the last few months whenever I wake up I feel ill. My heart is racing, I have this weird feeling that comes all over me. It can happen during the day, if I think about things I have to do, something as simple as going shopping can set the feeling off. Mainly it's the mornings though, it's like I'm fearful of the day ahead. I've never been a worrier, but I've had a few stressful situations over the last few months, and I feel my husband hasn't been very supportive. When I told him yesterday that I think I might be suffering with anxiety, he said, ' don't start with that s**t'. I'm normally a very strong person, and always one to see the positive in everything, but lately I feel 'different'. I feel unorganised, and unfocused and the simplest of tasks. I need to snap out of this as o have a,two year old who needs her mummy back. She is the light of my life, and I hate that I'm feeling like this. I've been with my husband for 14 years and we've always been very close, but something has changed recently and I honestly feel I need some time out from him. Is that really what I'm feeling, or part of the anxiety?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

THat def sounds like anxiety/panic. I'm sorry your husband isn't being very supportive. That's awful. I was recently diagnosed with panic/anxiety disorder the end of May. I suffered horribly everyday for the month of May. Ive seen 3 doctors, been to ER, and I have been on medication for 17 days now. You should schedule an appt with your primary doctor. Don't wait any longer. You don't need to suffer.

• Posted

I can't tell you how important it is to have people that support you during these hard times. Maybe your husband should go to appt with you so the doc can explain to him just how horrible this can be and the many symptoms that come along with this. I'm very lucky to have my family and my husband has been so supportive during this time of hell. Please reach out to someone you trust and is not gonna just blow you off about it.

• Posted

I feel very let down by my husband, we've never had any problems in our marriage, no real test I guess you could say. Things have gone pretty smoothly. Now here we are and I'm really not feeling myself, and he tells me ' Not to start that s***'! It really made me feel awful, like I'm a problem for him now. Anyhow, I'm seeing my doctor tomorrow so hopefully he can advise me. I might try and get up as soon as I wake up tomorrow, and see if that helps to pass that awful feeling of dread. I haven't been as bad today, but I've kept busy, playing games with my daughter. Thank you for your replys.

• Posted

I absolutely would feel let down also!! I count on my husband to be there for me thru good and bad!! Hopefully you can sit down and have a talk with him about the seriousness of panic/anxiety and how you could really use his support and love right now.  That's just very disrepectful. I hope that he changes his attitude and has some empathy for you and starts to support you. Praying for you

• Posted

I'm sorry for your husband not being supportive. I am not married, but I can imagine how you feel about this anxiety thing. I went tru the same thing start from last year, and I just got another anxiety attack yesterday.

My heart race is crazy, I can hear and feel beating like a sledgehammer inside me, I'm fearful that I am dying. 

I've got my blood test and everything comes back normal.

Please don't think you are a problem to anyone, try to talk to someone you trust and don't supress your feelings.

Pray for you.

• Posted

Thank you for your support, I do feel very lonely at the moment. Presently I don't feel like I can talk to anyone about how I'm feeling. All my friends are so busy with their own lives, I don't want to be 'that friend ' who's moaning, or bringing everyone down with her problems. Hopefully this is just a temporary glitch in my life and will soon be resolved. I do think my husband has added to the anxiety by dismissing it. I don't want to make out that he's a nasty mean man, because he isn't. Anyhow I'm off to the doctors this afternoon so hopefully he can help.

• Posted

My anxiety was worst in the mornings as well. I felt the weight of the impending day was suffocating me and felt overwhelmed with even a minor additional responsibility or unexpected change of plans or requirement. It does sound like anxiety. I left it untreated for a while, then inadequately treated by my GP for years. Finally upon the birth of my second child it escalated to quite an ordeal. I finally found a good psychiatrist, got correct treatment and a couple of years later i was better than ever before. Before writing it off to anxiety alone, remember you have a 2 years old. That can be taxing in itself. Then any additional stress in life coupled with tight schedule or accumulating exhaustion = crash. I would check FBC to be safe first. If you breastfed for any amount of time believe it or not your hormones are still out of whack. So thyroid function could need checking too if you haven't done so already as it can also give anxiety symptoms.

• Posted

"but something has changed recently and I honestly feel I need some time out from him. Is that really what I'm feeling, or part of the anxiety? "

Could be either one or both smile it doesn't matter. First you need to regroup and then you can analyse and make decisions etc. You are falling into the trap of anxiety where you make yourself overwhelmed with basic details. You are tired. Rest up, talk to a good doctor and if you are what you sound like, it will just have been a temporary glitch. A short-circuit if you will, and you will be back up and running in no time smile All the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.