Have people had success with any medications?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Been going to several doctors and trying different things over the past 6 months, really curious what meds have worked for people on here.  Thanks

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

hi ive been on a few different drugs over the 26 years now and im still trying to find something that works but my doctor is not very supportive and does not know much about fibromyalgia at all so im open to suggestions to
    • Posted

Hi Derek

Where about in the world do you live, I am from Liverpool England, I would like to help you if I can and can see if I can contact these ladies I have written about to see the different approaches they took and then see if contacts can be found to help you.

I t may take a little time if you want to email me I am happy to give you contact details.

Don'y forget I am no doctor and have no medical knowledge I just know people who have had success with alternative solutions.

• Posted

im from kent in the uk and it would be good to see what worked for others but even though everyone is different and things may not work for 1 but does the other at this moment in time with the pain being at its worse i open to suggestions
    • Posted

How can I contact you, I don't see any protocolon the site and I do not want to post something and then have losts of people jump on what they may think is a cure all without gettting all the facts as although I am sure I can be of help it would be wrong of me o do so.

eg: if i said eating cornfakes and whipped cream had helped I am sure many sufferers would run out and buy the same and I dont want that to happen.

can we swop details or is that not allowed?

• Posted

Hi Cheryl.This is a copy of arecent post to a reply I sent recently, hope it helps.

Fortunatley for me I do not suffer with many ailments and is there a 'cure' probably not, but I can tell you of 2 people I have met who do suffer from 'Fibro' the first was a lady who was at a convention and I met her when she was sitting on the floor in a que and the second was a lady who attended a 'fit camp' in her wheelchair.

The first lady was introduced to a nutritionalist at the seminar and agreed to try a course of specific vitamin supplements and today has a much improved life, she no longer has long stays in bed, she is comfortable walking, she has had a new baby and now has her own business.

The second lady over 3-4 months attending her 'fit-camp' and being coached on changing her diet with the aid of meal replacements has also vastly improved her life.

the only conclusion I can come to is our bodies lack the right nutrition, the vitamin suppplements and meal replacements these lady's were on were obviously helping their bodies get the nutrition they needed.

We all know that if obese people with type 2 diabeties lose weight their diabeties can improve, they will always be diabetics, but the symptons will improve.

Given help, the human body is capable of healing many conditions unfortunatley Doctors only prescribe Drugs which in themselves cause other problems which means more drugs are prescribed to counter the effects of the first, and on it goes.

• Posted

I have recently been put on Dosulepin 25mg (one two hours before bed) and I can honeslty say this is the only med Iv'e ever tried that actually works for sleep with no side effects. I am getting a good 8 or more hours now and wake up normal with none of those horrible zombie like feelings that most meds give. It doesn't help with pain, but does relax you as it is a mild anti depressant. After years of sleep problems, this has changed my life.
  • Posted

Hi, Cheryl:  I've had Fibro for many years...The drug of choice for me is Lyrica...It stops the pain for a day and a half for me...just one pill...I can only take one every few days because of the side effects...check the side effects before using, and ask your doctor if it is right for you....Hope this helps...
  • Posted

Hi Cheryl;  the best meds that I have found are:   definately Amitriptylline (starting at 25 mgms and if needed can be upped....this helps with a few symptoms, such as Burning Pain, Sleep and if any depression, which most of us get on different levels, due to how much pain we are in, and for how long); secondly, I have found Gabapentin 400mgms x 2 daily ( a nerve blocker....others like Lyrica/Cymbalta...but neither of these helped me at all)....and I also take valium 5 mgms if having too much muscle spasms.....these plus regular physio/massages and the taking of supplements (such as Vit D, B, C, and Magnesium tabs 1000 mgms a day); also soaking in magnesium/epsom Salts helps our muscles when they feel tired and sore.......give these a trial, and see how you go.....I do trully know that the Amitriptylline is essential and the physio/massages, to keep our muscles/tendons etc pliable....when they become too tense/knotted, that is when ALL becomes worse................Good luck.............smileBron
  • Posted

Hi, I have been taking Pregabalin150mg and Ropinirole 2mg daily for many years, this is prescribed for restless leg syndrome, without which I simply would not be able to sleep, this combo really works for me on the whole I get a good 8 hours unless I am stressed, stress makes this condition worse just like it does with fibo. This may or may not help with my Fibro it is difficult  to say as I was prescribed this for RLS before being diagnosed with Fibro. What I can say is my pain is not severe just annoying it is the fatigue which gets me most, and this is not as bad as many people have, my GP has just prescribed me with Sertraline 50 mg rising to 100 mg to see if this helps, time will tell! I take vitinin D, have a NuitritBullet everything that might be beneficial found in the health food shop is added to this. My motto is Learn as much as you can, try it, and see if it works for you. We are all unique so one size will not fit all.

❤️💋😄 

• Posted

Thanks everyone for the great responses, give me a few ideas.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.