Haven't been on for a while - really need help , regarding Meds/ depression / anxiety

Posted , 6 users are following.

basically after lots of diff meds im now on Trazodone 300mg , fluepentixol 0.5 X4 per day, and as of last week propranalol 80mg X1 day to help with the physical effects of the anxiety.

My concern is , since the propranalol my mood has plumeted and ive still felt anxious but more in my mind than anything else . 

today i had to leave work as i felt the pits , it was just too much effort to even try and speak to people , so i just come home and slept , and have pretty much felt like it since ... i just feel i cant snap out of it . 

i have made an apt to see gp tomorrow . 

my question is - is it normal for the depression to worsen on propranalol or is it sheer coincedence ? 

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Sorry, can't help at all with your question, Sarah, but wanted to say how sorry I am that you are still struggling.  I am sure your GP will have good advice for you.

Take care,

Pat

• Posted

Well I do know that your symptoms can worsen temporarily on a new med until it gets properly into your system.  Maybe this is what's happening here?  x
  • Posted

Hi Sarah i was on 80mg of propranalol because of thyroid problem, and i couldn't get out of bed i felt so depressed! In fact when back to doc's said i felt really depressed, and he said "oh propranalol can do that!!!" If he'd looked at my notes he would of seen that i suffer with depression and am on an antidepressant! Anyway he advised i half them to 40mg and i feel much better! Hope this helps?
  • Posted

Hallo Sarah I wrote before I think the best solution for depression I any case 

is to see a good conseler not to be say sume body see you I don't care is good for me must be good for you 

I'm on medication for depression I'm diabetic, hi blood pressure, hi colesterol stend put in ulcer on the lags ,problem with stomach,low iron in the blood and more I sow conseler for 4 session and healp me a lot.

• Posted

Thank you. Yes I suffer with depression and anxiety.. already on anti anxiety meds / anti depressants. So the gp is aware . I also seem to feel exhausted... yet can't sleep. Hopefully he has a solution x
    • Posted

Sarah, so sorry you are suffering too..My depression and anxiety has reared its ugly head again, and it began about two weeks ago.  It is Fall in the USA, and I suffer from SAD...the seasonal disorder...I don't know what your weather is in the UK, but you might check on that.  I just ordered a light therepy from Ebay..will let you all know if it helps..Going without sunshine is horrible for me, even for a few days.   Hope you feel better soon, sweetie...HUGS.  xxx
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply ... ive been suffering constantly since about Nov / Dec last yr.. just seems since the Beta blockers its got much worse ,.. the weather here has been lovely so dont think its that , only downer is the dark evenings which i do struggle with a little ( always have since young ) - hope the light works , keep in touch x 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.