Having a bad case of COPD on 40 mg of Prednisone for the last 4 days

Posted , 2 users are following.

Am I being too impatient I did go back to the doctor today they put me on Z Pack . Took x-rays of my lungs and said everything looked good Monday my oxygen level is between 92 and98. I also use a nebulizer two to three times a day!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hope you are feeling better soon linda.

Hard to know if you are being too impatient, check with your doc if you feel no better.

The doc should advise you if you have a bad chest infection or pneumonia.

Dose in UK for chest infection of Pred is 6 x 10mg (60mg) for 5-7 days but only your doc can tell you why you are on the 40mg dose.

If your lungs are bad I guess the nebulizer will help.

Oxygen at 94 - 98 is pretty good.  If you oxygen is at 92 % most of the time then your your doc should send you for further tests I think.  Just my opinion I am not a doctor.

• Posted

Thank you, I'm better now except sometimes I wake up w/ a horrible cough,and extremely hard to breathe.

• Posted

Hi Linda glad your feeling better I was in same boat just a few weeks ago and was told by hospital as long as me oxygen levels didn’t stay below 88 it was fine and not to worry .. hope this helps x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.