having a blue day

Posted , 6 users are following.

Im about 6 wks on flu now and had at last a few good days this week, less nausea brighter mood, more energy -very welcome feeling. 

Think having a blip today as feeling very sad and cried for first time in a while. Im sure it's just a random 'not so good' day as a few tests over the last week have meant hospital visits, not eating before hand, taking meds different times and long days. So im trying to take it on the chin and hope tomorrow is better. 

Hope everyone ive chatted to on here is having a better day? Take care

Vix x

1 like, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

noooo dont feel pathetic, if your having a sad day( as daughter calls them) accept it, dont feel bad about it, you have depression, and sad days are "normal" with that illness,

if your daughter catches you upset, just tell her, your having a little sad minute, and it made you cry, give her a hug and smile, she will be satisfied with that,

maybe its the routine being diffrent with christmas being a round the corner,

from what i can see the recovary of flu tablets seems to be you have good spells, then sh*te days, then good days again.

i hope today is better than yesterday for you.

daughter is doing ok, thanks, the start of week 6 tomorrow. i shall do a post for her weekly update. x

• Posted

Hmmmm karen they didnt like your post :-$
    • Posted

well, i dont know why they didnt like it!! i just said you wernt being pathetic, and musnt feel like that, its all part of the healing process, and if your daughter sees you upset, explain your just having a sad day,

you have had better days, and know they will return,  xx

• Posted

Thnx karen, always wise words :-) think I need to keep telling myself its the illness messing with emotions thats all.

Bizarre about post   ...... ? :-)

• Posted

no idea why, it wasnt offensive, and didnt conatin any links, or email adresses,  maybe my spelling was so bad!! lol, the main thing is you can see your on the mend, could it be your hormoes that are giving you the blip at the moment? they have a lot to answer for? xx
    • Posted

Its possible but not very regular so hard to tell -hopefully thats all it is. Fighting the urge to cry today, busy with housework (haha like thats a help!). Husband sympathises but doesnt understand as never been thru it so it is difficult for him too. He just wants me to be better.

Gonna try head out for walk in a bit as that gives me a lift :-)

Thnx again for your posts x

• Posted

How weird,  I'm on my phone now and can see the missing post? 

Enjoy your walk, if your hubby has never suffered or seen first hand the devastation this illness causes,  then I can understand his reactions. It's not like a broken leg that you can see. It's hard for everyone.  

Be gentle  on yourself today, just take it hour by hour,  each little thing you do is a huge achievement, x

• Posted

Hmmmmmm got thru xmas and work mon ok but the underlying blueness has not gone away and caught up with me today, just wanna hide n cry :-(

Have been feeling so much better seems to be no reason for this. Maybe just anti climax of christmas, a bad day back to haunt me. I almost feel like ive reached a fairly good stage but cant get over this last hurdle.

Again I am totally grateful to not feel like I did weeks ago just wish today I didnt feel so sad.

Just a blip im sure, tomorrow is a new day.

Hope everyone else is having a good day

Ttfn

Vix

• Posted

Sending love ! I know how you feel. Getting through work is a huge thing xxx
    • Posted

Thanks rachel. I know I could be and have been so much worse but the tears just won't stop today. Maybe ill feel better for a good cry? :-(

Hope your day is better? X

• Posted

Talk to your doctor, vix. You can attain full remission. I am on 60 mg and the blue feeling has completely gone.
    • Posted

Did u get the spaced out disconnected feeling where u look into space a lot. I'm worried to try 40,mg because it might get worse and my side effects where hell for 5weeks 
    • Posted

Thanks danilo. I see her in 2wks so ill see how im feeling then. Ive kept the blues at bay for the last week or two but today just can't stop the tears. Its hard to know what to do as I know im not totally rational at the moment.

Im so glad you feel its finally settled  for you that is great news and gives hope. How was your christmas at home? im sure it was wonderful to see your family and friends. :-)

• Posted

Hi Rachel and Vix,

I did not have the spaced out feeling. This sensation is alien to me because I cannot imagine how it is. However, my first weeks on 20 mg were also hell for me. I was crying everyday, for more than a month.

My advice is: dont be afraid of going up the dose. My transitions from 20 to 40 and from 40 to 60 were quite smooth. I wasnt crying, i wasnt having unbearable anxiety.

i have.been reading a lot about depression. One thing that I learned is that the goal has to be full remission because: (1) it is possible for most case; (2) the first line medications are safe (more than safe because it estimulates the growth of neurons); (3) it is a serious illness in the sense that not treating it accordingly, it will get harder to treat over time.

No one would accept just half controlling the diabetes, or cancer, or high blood pressure. The same principle applies to depression.

• Posted

Iv just seen my doctor. He's so understanding he really helps so much. He says fluoxetine is slow and bit by bit tiny steps. He says feeling spaced out in fog might be me sinking back into the depression and I agree. I think I'll get there slowly and I might try 40 after the baby is born smile
    • Posted

Thanks danilo. I should read more about it myself, thats interesting. It would be easier if the rest of the world saw this as an illness in the same way then there may be more understanding and acceptance.

Ill def consider changing dose if dr thinks I need to. I just want to give it long enough so im not just giving in to a few bad days as the blues hanging round in last few weeks could have something to do with the wholer christmas thing (normally a time that I love).

Im so grateful to you and others on this site for all the info and advice

• Posted

Glad youve such a good doc, he sounds great.  Yeah I think youre very wise to reassess after the baby arrives n your body is your own again :-)

I wonder if you reach a plateau on flu, get so far along recovery then flatten out? Think I may have read that somewhere but ive read so much conflicting info that I cant be sure......

X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.