Having a little less anxiety, does this mean that citalopram is working

Posted , 7 users are following.

Ive been on Citalopram for nearly nine weeks now and after having a really bad day on Tuesday, I’ve had two better days. Does anyone know if this means that the Citalopram is starting to help me because when I have spoken to my doctor he just wants to up me to 30mg from 20mg as he said that I should have seen an improvement from 4weeks. I just want this nightmare to end. Citalopram 20mg has worked amazing for me in the past, I just wish id never stopped taking it.

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey gemma, 

You are a strong person and trust me you will not become dependent on the Zoplicone. Please don’t stress over that. Be glad that you have it to help you. This way you can feel good and enjoy life. 😇

Will😎

• Posted

It sounds like you are making definite progress:-).

?Since you've had a few good days, I would hold off moving up to 30 mg. You can always go up in the future; but since the 20 mg. is working for you now, I'd stick with that.

• Posted

Thank you for advice Kelly, my days do seem to be improving, it’s just the initial panic when I first get up that im struggling with. I’m going stick with the 20 and see how I go for a few more weeks. I hope your doing okay too.x
  • Posted

I agree with everyone who has responded. Wish doctors are not so quick upping these. You know your health better than anyone, if you are feeling better then great. These meds need our support to make ourselves feel better. You will get down days just like others do that are not on meds. Its how we deal with those down days which is the key.
    • Posted

Absolutely Paula ..celexa is only a tool..you can't be stress free the rest of your life..with or without meds.

• Posted

Stick with it Gemma I wish I had and not gone  up to 30mg. I am 18 weeks in and 16 weeks on 30mg. I have good days and bad days still but we will get there x
  • Posted

Thank you all for the support and advice. I’m getting through the days better but the mornings are stil very hard for Me. I’m trying to not worry about them though as I know that will only make it worse and I’m finding the book that everyone talked about really helpful too. I know it says that we should try and accept the anxiety and not be frightened of it, I’m trying that strategy when it comes over me during the day but it’s much harder to apply on a morning when the panic kicks in. 
    • Posted

Is that 'at last a life' by Paul David? I read it recently, he is excellent and it's nice to see someone else following the advice 🙃

• Posted

Hey al, 

I’m currently reading Paul’s book. I’m at chapter 9. I find it very helpful and I’m learning a lot. 🤯😇

Will😎

• Posted

Sorry I did reply to you yesterday but for some reason it’s dissapeared. It is that book and I’m finding it very helpful thank you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.