Having a moan

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone

I need to vent sorry.

Had four tkr to left leg one to right.last one onleft leg was end octstill struggling,am doing my physio but feel like i not getting anywhere fast.i am also riddled with o/a everywhere.some days i feel like i need to be in wheelchair as i feel from waist down its all heavy and dead does anyone else get this

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Ohh forgot to say i getting frustrated as i need to get back to work. Feel so worried for future
  • Posted

oh April ,i thought i had a hard time but yu top mine .i think the more ops on a leg weakes it ,and recovery is alot longer .my misery of a story was when i got bi lateral 3 1/2 yrs ago my leg was broken putting in one ,3mths later struggling to bend the knee having hard physio my knee kept giving way xray showed i had broken cement floating around ,so opened up the whole knee again and cleaned it out bend only lasted a short time i had only 70 deg bend .and in awfull pain had keyhole surgery to MUA but again only lasted about 8wks and slowly went back to 70 deg bend ,so just over a year later i had revision  it improved the bend to over 90 it is less painfull but i have to say the recovery after revision was so slow my muscles just went to sleep and its 3mths off two yrs since revision and im still recovering and still building up muscle its been so debilitating your life stops and you just wish that you had just one day without thinking about these knees .when you still have a degree of pain its hard not to . well thats me why have you had so many tkr on one leg have they all failed.??? feel free to moan we all have at some stage x
    • Posted

Hi irish linda

We have spoken before I find you very understanding. Yes my leg feels asleep.total of nine years noe. Physiotherapist I feel partvof job to instsll confidence ti uz. But they havent had it done n dont fullyvunderstsnd.yes they all fsled. Hsd hirst one st 45 now 54 totsl of five knees.i need hip repacing also

• Posted

thanks April i remember you now .When i got my revision the surgeon told me thats it you cant have anymore if it does not work !!! how wrong was he ??. god April you are younger than me ! ,life sucks thats for sure .

yes i agree no one who has not had these ops and paticularly if the ops went wrong no one can possibly have any idea how low you can get .Ive hit the floor so so many times and thought of doing the unthinkable a few times ,but im still here .accepting they way we have to live is the hardest thing .pm me any time April and chin up you are not alone  xx

• Posted

Thats really lovely of you i dont know how to pm can you pm me i find my way round this with struggle lol.had really low day today, usually i am strong but when i go down it with a capital D.i just feel u understand,thanks for listeningx
    • Posted

hi April i did  pm you but not sure if you got it .check your messages by clicking on to the envelope next to your name and if you want to pm someone just click the envelope on the left hand side of the post your reading hope this helps and that you feel better today x
  • Posted

Can I ask why you had four ops on one leg.

If your scar has healed, go visit a hydropool, just floating in the warm water will ease the aches and pains of oa. Once in the water you can still do your exercises, better than you think.  If you can cope with the cold, then normal pool will be ok, but I think you need to be been beeb brave to do so.

Are you taking supplements for everything else, won't heal you, but as the saying goes, every little helps.  I know the feeling of thinking you will end up in a wheelchair, but you still have to work on getting through your exercises.  If you are in so much pain, then you are not taking the right meds.  Go back to your doctor and ask for something stronger.  Make your doctor a "friend" talk to them about your worries.  If they are worth anything, they will come up with quite a few ideas on how you make your life easier.  Being in pain is agony, but it can be made bearable, without feeling drugged up to the eyeballs 

• Posted

Thank you I love to swim and feel free in water.

What I should have said tho is I am allergic to anti imflammatories.due to other medical problems I am limited to what I can take.i hallucinate on morphine it messes with my head. I only tske coedine prescribed by gp but that slso makes me very drowsy .this is sn additionsl problem with view of returning to work. This adds to my frustration

Thank you for your thoughts

• Posted

Ouch, morphine based meds are sometimes the best thing to deal with pain. Not to be able to take them must be so frustrating for you (Codeine is in the same family). What about going down the nerve block route. Do you have access to a pain management team. The consultant will go through what drugs you can take and the rest of the team go through all alternative treatments there are
  • Posted

Honey just let it all out!  No worries about that.  Have no idea how old you are, but I was told it would take a year for total recovery then later read 2 years (I am 65).  Anyway, I have a huge dead area around the knee--took some time to get used to, but you had so much there!  Hope someone has helped you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.