Having a tough time... SEVERELY DEPRESSED

Posted , 7 users are following.

I just wish I could sleep all of this away and wake up when this nightmare is over. Or I wish I could see through a crystal ball that this will end and my life will go back to being "normal".

I just turned 32 on Friday, my husband just moved us into a new place that's directly off the water. I have a beautiful view and I can't snap out of this depression. I'm consumed with worry about my health, I just went to the doctor's on my 32nd birthday awaiting results and I'm impeding doom. My poor husband is extremely supportive but he gets frustrated which is understandable. I can't sleep long and I'm not eating much. Not certain if that's the depression or something with my health. I saw a psychiatrist and just started taking Prozac for am anti-depressant and Trazadone to sleep.

I'm constantly praying... please someone help me.

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Depression is the pits, how well I know! I have struggled with this now for 6 months and I am in therapy and on Lexapro for almost 3 months with some relief but not enough to make me feel like myself! I will be seeing a psychiatrist in two weeks, so hopefully he will get me on the right track with medication! Was on Lexapro for 10 yrs and did great and then it pooped out and my GP thought increasing to 20 mil would help my depression and anxiety! So far I am waiting for a miracle I guess! Hope the Prozac works for you, it made me feel worse as did cymbalta and Zoloft, but I realize now maybe I did not give them a chance to really work! So do not give up stick with the meds and good luck!
    • Posted

Thank you Wilb. I'm trying hard. I was on Zoloft before and it didn't work, well rather the side effects were too much. I was on Celexa and it worked well but I stopped taking it and once I restarted it didn't have the same affect. I feel bad for my poor husband, he's trying so hard but I can't seem to get right.

Then you for the words of encouragement I really appreciate them.

• Posted

Things will get better for both of us! I know how you feel regarding your husband,I feel bad for mine also at times! He should be the one depressed as he has had prostrate cancer and has had some complications from that, but he carries on without worry! I get so upset with myself why I feel this way because I have everything I ever wanted in my life and as a 68 yr old female I should be happy and content! WTF! 
    • Posted

I'm praying for us both. Things have to get better.

• Posted

id say its your depression not an illness that is making you feel this way.im on citrapram 40mg and proponol during the day,b4 i took theese i was exactly the sAMe as u and thought i was dieing all the time,u will bet better and happy again

• Posted

Thank you Gary... being praying hard that it's just the depression and not anything health related. Hoping for happiness for both of us.

• Posted

Hi Nai, I know exactly what you mean. I was on fluoxetine for a while and then came off it as I was fine. Things have got so hectic in life that depression has hit me so hard and that was just coming up to my 32nd birthday. I started back on 20 mg and started feeling good after 6 weeks but then hit low again so I've been on 40 mg for 7 days now. I'm getting there and I know deep down things will be fine but it's going through the motions. You will get passed this Hun, one day at a time. If it gets worst go to the GP.

• Posted

Thank you HopeNFaith... I wonder why the age 32 does it hit so hard? I've had my bouts in the past but this by far has been the worst and I hate that my husband has to see me through this. I'm on 20mg now and will go up to 40mg in 4 weeks. I guess the going through motions is what will make us stronger. Did you have stomach pain when you first started taking the prozac?

• Posted

You will be fine after the meds kick in. I'm going through the same thing.Ive had ever test done to see if it a was a physical thing it's depression and anxiety I'm taking Prozac and Xanax your symptoms sound so much like mine not eating not sleeping but you will get better.I been taking medicine since Sept7 2016 sleeping & eating better It's an awful feeling no one understands unless you have it. Hang in there it takes time you will get there I promise.

• Posted

Thank you Jacqueline... there's hope in all of this somewhere. Glad to know I'm not the only one who had physical symptoms. They're scary, but I'm hopeful as the anxiety and depression subsides so do they.

• Posted

They will subside last night I actually felt hungry.What bothering me now I dread going up on dose of medicine I'm slowly trying to get to 5mgs.Do you have to go up on your dose? We sound alike everything bothers me. We can do this!

• Posted

Yes I'll go up on my dose in 30 days I'll go up to 40mg. I ate a lot today in comparison to what I had been doing. Tomorrow I'm going to try and get out of the house; taken a little drive with my husband to visit my grandmom. Prayerfully my family doesn't stress me out. Yeah we do sound alike. Lol

• Posted

It's good to get outside I like to work in my flowers. I'm going to try and plant some fall flowers tomorrow.Mornings are hard for me.

• Posted

Not sure why my comment was moderatedoing. Mornings aren't good for me either. I live near the Hudson River and can walk by the water. So maybe Wednesday I'll go for a walk. I started walking about a month ago and lost 12 pounds. My anxiety convinced me that I was sick. So I spiraled down and ended up in the bed and on meds.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.