Having a very bad day

Posted , 3 users are following.

Today has not been a good day for me. I found out my friend was killed in a motorcycle accident. This is devistating. So right away I'm emotional and not well. Then comes the anxiety part. I tend to catastrauphasize things and I have OCD so I obsess over these horrible thoughts. My biggest trigger is world events. Today's big trigger: Ebola in the US. I'm freaking out. Panicked. Sick over it. I feel like I can't cope with this one. I don't want to live in fear but I do. I live in fear of everything that is outside my control. I want to avoid it, prepare for it, etc. But then my friend is killed by a semi. This is insane. I am terrified of life. I started cit 10 mg and sometimes feel great but seems like the bottom falls out every couple of weeks and I have a big breakdown. I am also seeing a therapist about my issues but today I'm having a bad day. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Are you just on Cit or anything else?

Also, did your doctor prescribe Cit for the OCD as well?

• Posted

Just the cit. My dr prescribed it for anxiety before we knew about the ocd. This has all come about just in the last couple months. 
  • Posted

I'm sorry to hear about your friend, It must have been a terrible shock for you. Do you think today's fear could be due to your friends tragic death? It's your brains way of processing the emotions in a way it understands? You've had a huge shock, don't underestimate the impact it will have on you.

Why did you start taking cit? When was the last time you saw your doctor? Maybe you could discus raising your dose until you've worked through issues with your therapist? 

• Posted

Thank you I appreciate your comment. I started cit because of increased anxiety issues. I've always had anxiety but I've always been able to talk myself down. Over about the last year it's gotten to the point that I can't anymore. It gets out of control and it effects every part of my life. I thought about today's news of my friend effecting my anxiety and I'm sure it did factor in, but I have these anxiety attacks often regarding big world problems. Sometimes I can talk myself down and sometimes not so much. I have an appt next Wed to see my dr about my medication. I appreciate being able to talk on here...
  • Posted

Believe it or not I have been through similar feelings and unless you have experienced them you cannot understand, it is awful, you just wish you could feel like everyone else. What you do not realise is that you are not alone in feeling like this! I had to do my own self help for this and bought books called self help for your nerves. You have to read and reread these but after a while they do work.

good luck x

• Posted

Yes it's hard to feel alone. I feel like a burden on my husband when I get this way. It sounds like books might be a good thing to look into.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.