Having an awful night 😢

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi guys i an week 12

All symptoms are gone except anxiety. 

Last wk i was waking all through the bight having panic attacks then it went away for a few days but now it is back. It makes me feel like im about to have a heart attack.  I am awaiting the results of a 24 hr ecg. Today i changed to the liquid can any1 tell me is this exactly the same? This is 1 of my worst nights i feel so scared xxx

1 like, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Star, sorry hon that you are having difficult nights. I don't know anything about the liquid form. I wish I could give you some insight about that. I do know that I too had very difficult nights, restless sleep, insomnia, sometimes dreaming I was having panic attacks. Grrrr What a pain. I does settle though. I'm glad you are having the ecg done. 

• Posted

Sorry, I hit the send button by accident.  Try listening to some music or meditation on YouTube. Chamomile tea can help with relaxing, a warm bath, deep breathing. You are going to be ok hon. Many of us have gone through the exact same things and have made it through.  I know how scared you feel but you are not alone, you are not crazy. This is another unfortunate side effect that too will settle. If it settle before for a few days that's a good sign, it will settle again. Hold on, you are going to get there. Anxiety always seems to be the last thing to go. 🙄😡. I believe in you. You are a strong person and have come so far already. Keep going.

Big hugs. ????

• Posted

Thankyou laurie so so much for this reply. 

I feel like 12 weeks is so long i thought by now i would be well on my way to recovery and all thos would be settling xxx

• Posted

I understand hon. Each day feels like a lifetime. Then our minds start overthinking, what if I never get better, what if I'm crazy, what if this is going to be forever, what if there's no help for me. Then you go into the next thought process of, I can't go on like this, I'm not strong enough, I don't want to do this or feel this way anymore. 

They are all just stupid thoughts brought on by our anxiety and most often we give them too much power and time. You ARE going to get better. I never thought I would. I didn't believe I was strong enough or even had the will to fight this illness. But I'm doing it and so can you. Stop looking ahead and focusing on the " what ifs ". Take it one day at a time, one hour, 10 minutes. Whatever works. Recognize and applaud yourself when you do have good moments. When you've made it through another day and fought. Look at and face your anxiety when it's overwhelming you. Acknolige that you have it, that it's there. Don't be afraid of it. That just feeds it and makes it worse. Let it come and then tell it to f#ck off, that's it's stupid. Fighting it and fearing it only makes it worse. I know this sounds strange but others have given me this advice and it works.  

When you are feeling scared, overwhelmed or alone, come here. We are here to help.

Big hugs. ????

• Posted

I am at 8 weeks it starts to get better then my mind sets it off again it is hard to ignore
    • Posted

Its great to hear someone else say what I've been feeling and sharing with others recently, your right on the ball!!

Its so true and the fear. Its like anxiety feeds off fear and once I convinced myself of this and started fighting back I finally turned a corner.  Now its my mission to share with others this advice as it saved my life pretty much.

• Posted

It seems so strange that we have the power to control our anxiety. Or how much it controls us.  I'm so happy to hear another success story and someone else giving back. This site and the people on it helped me immensely. I wish you much health and happiness. ????

• Posted

How did you control it I am 8 weeks into fluoxetine and feel terrible with anxiety how can I be firm with myself I have had bouts of this over the years but it is so intense now will fluoxetine ever help ease it
    • Posted

Hi Julie,

Sorry for the late reply. I've been out. One of the things I learned when dealing with the anxiety from my illness is not to be afraid of it. When we are afraid of it we become more anxious. It sounds strange and it takes practice but accept that you have anxiety. I would actually talk to myself. I would tell my anxiety that it was ok that I had it, that it happens that I'm not scared to experience it. I would try and relax myself and let it come and wash over me. I would just feel it. It's hard because it's the opposite of the reactions we have to anxiety. I would remind myself over and over again that I was not going to die from having it, sure it uncomfortable but I'm strong enough to face it. When I learned to accept and let it come it became less severe. When we suffer with anxiety we tense up, panic and worry. That's part of what feeds it. Another thing I did was I pushed myself to get out and walk. I hated it when I started which made me sad because I loved walking before my illness. I kept doing it and it became enjoyable again. Exercise releases endorphins - our happy chemical. By exercising we burn off adrenaline which we have in abundance with anxiety. 

Flouexitine is a good med for both depression and anxiety.It is also one of the slowest meds to settle in your system. I didn't start to feel any difference until somewhere after 8 weeks . I started feeling better in the evenings. Be kind to yourself. Try and give yourself a couple of tasks each day to accomplish, even if it's just having a shower and making the bed. Start slow and and ease your way up. I kept a journal and did lots of different puzzles to get my mind off of myself and how I was feeling. You can do this. You are not alone it what you are experiencing. Chat with me whenever you need support. Good luck. ??💪

• Posted

Thank you Laurie I am upset just now v tired get a bit better in evening but wake with high anxiety 9 weeks on fluoxetine tomorrow I need some peace I don't know how to stop anxiety frightening me my sensations are so intense headaches really get to me and it is hard to do simple tasks I still make myself go to work but it is so so hard

• Posted

I know exactly how you feel hon. It's a damn slow, long painful process, but you will get there. If you are going to work then you are being firm with yourself. Wow that's great. You need to rest and give yourself time to heal. You can't rush this process. I was in bad shape for about a year before they got me on flouexitine and I felt results. It also can be an up and down process. You feel better for a day or two then BAM, you feel like you are back at square one. Then this sets off the anxiety, the fears and all the what ifs. Keeping a journal everyday did help me. It was easy to forget when I was doing better and this reminded me. To be honest I didnt see a lot of improvement till about week 12. Everyone is different in healing. I know the fears are overwhelming, exhausting and discouraging. But you are doing an amazing job by going to work. Be kind to yourself, and rest is important. I take omega, multi and b100 vitamins and drink lots of water. I have dealt with this illness since my teens and I'm 53 now. You can do this hon and I'm here if you need me. I check in at least once a day. I don't know where you live but I'm from Ontario, Canada so there may also be a time difference. 

Big hugs ????

• Posted

Thank Laurie its all tough but your words are comforting - the process seems so long and I either frighten myself that the fluoxetine is never going to work or that I am never going to get better it is so hard I have suffered in bouts since I had my first son when I was 20 - I am now 62 and at what should be a good time in my life - it was until this popped .......
  • Posted

Thankyou all for the advice. I have suffered in the past and fought it so i know your kind words couldnt be more true. Xxxx
  • Posted

How you doing star me still struggling 10 weeks of fluoxetine I am trying to be patient anxiety is always on my mind I am awake for hours at night
  • Posted

How you doing star me still struggling 10 weeks of fluoxetine I am trying to be patient anxiety is always on my mind I am awake for hours at night
    • Posted

Im not great to be bonest. All my symptoms on are heart related.  I get palpitations all through the night its terrible im gunna start tapering off mine now i thnkb12 wks is a long time so id defo gave it a chance dxx
    • Posted

Hi hun what dose at you on have a look on YouTube at Dr Harry Barry he explains all about anxiety it's worth watching

• Posted

It is a beast can hardly get out of the chair in the morning either that or my body is on high alert and then I can't sit down I can't wait to feel better I took fluorine once before it took months to work but when it did it was like being transformed in my old self I stopped taking the flux without any problems but the anxiety got the better of me again 4 years later and here I am hoping for a bit of a break through anxiety is a horrible thing it sounds so simple but it's v hard

• Posted

I had a little look the other night it looked good there are loads atent there so im guna keep watching. Im on 10mg so only low im on the liauid so just started to decrease it very slightly xxx
    • Posted

How long did it take last time? Do u get palpitations? U get these strange waves during the night and they wake me up and its bad palpitations and i literally feel like my heart will stop any second xxx
    • Posted

To be honesthe for ages I was not aware that i was getting better but I must have been it took about a year to be really really better but it was wonderful I woke up one morning and it was completely gone I felt so well and happy I let myself get drawn back into it after 4 years by overdoing it and making some old mistakes yes I had palpatations I do now I brood on it too much use the Internet too much looking it up I don't give myself time to forget it it is quite an addictive thing I forced myself not to for a while and started to feel better but had setback and off again. ..

• Posted

I get waves a lot it's all part of anxiety we have to train ourselves to think of other things somehow because that is where recovery will really start to happen

• Posted

I have been seeing a therapist julie and what  you describe is so similar to me googling and stuff and its actually a form of ocd. 

The strange thing for me at the min is i dont feel down or anxious at all i just get these huge waves were my heart feels really strange then i feel like i will pass out then it stops. 

Iv just had a 24r ecg but i still dont feel reasured xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.