Having Anxiety for about 10 months now... Starting to Feel Dizzy and Lightheaded all the time?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone I am hoping someone can reply to this... I have had anxiety for 10 months now and all of a sudden about a week ago I have started to feel dizzy and lightheaded almost like I was going to pass out or faint. I have also gotten some pressure feeling on my head almost seems like it was a brain problem! Well I just wanted to see if you any of you knew how to fix this? Or help at least? Thanks!

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

The symptoms you are describing are common for someone who has anxiety. Best thing to do is to take slow deep breaths to help your body and mind to calm down and you also need to get a grip on your thought...help controll those racing thoughts..tell yourself you are NOT going to die. That should help
    • Posted

Thank you so much Freelancewriter that really helped! I will say that to myself from now on and also thanks for the tip of taking slow breaths! :D
  • Posted

Dear Nathan, bless you, these are classic symptoms of an anxiety attack. Or a panic attack.....

Just try to realise that...although.very unpleasant, it really is harmless.....I suffered from severe panic attacks years ago,,, sometimes ending up in the casualty dept....

If you try to think I will let this feeling pass over me, and then it will just disappear... it is just your bodY'S FIGHT OR FLIGHT. ..instinctive reaction to perceived danger...it will pass....I found that breathing into a PAPER BAG .very, very helpful...as it eveNS out the carbon dioxide in your body.....I was told...and tried this in the casualty department. And believe you me...it really does work...

Another thing I used to do when I became aware of my breathing was to go through all THE LETTERS OF THE ALPHABET...and think of FIVE BOYS NAMES AND FIVE GIRLS NAMES BEGINNING WITH EACH LETTER...distraction works very well..

It would be worth your while to have a chat with your GP.. he or she may prescribe a mild tranquilizer just to help tied you over...

I really sympathize with you Nathan..I had REALLY BAD attacks for many years, but now...I have not had one for twelve years...

I wish you good luck and good health young man..take care of yourself...and begin to enjoy life again.I send you big warm hugs...Deirdre xx

• Posted

Thank you Deirdre for reponding in such a loving manner to Nathan., That is what  he needs now...love and support smile 
    • Posted

Thank you sooo much! That really helps smile I am just glad that I am not the only one getting dizzy and lightheaded!
  • Posted

Hi, nathans....Everyone is correct when they say that dizziness and light headedness is a sign of anxiety, but you may also be clinching your jaws, giving you TMJ...Temperal Mindibular Joint Disfunction.  Look it up on Google and they will tell you all about it...I suffer from that and it causes a lot of the things you describe...I also have anxiety....hugs.
  • Posted

Feeling dizzy and light headed is all part of having anxiety! I too suffer with this, especially before I'm about to have an anxiety attack or panic attack. Don't worry it's not a brain problem lol. Some things you can do is try some relaxation techniques such as meditation/yoga, working out, doing some neck stretching, or try some deep breathing techniques. Unfortunatlely having anxiety comes with all this baggage but it's how you cope with it that will make it better! Best of luck.
  • Posted

Thank you everyone soo much for replying to this :D I really needed the feedback and I will use all the tips all of you gave me! Again thank you guys sooo much <3 i will try to feel better i wish all the hope to you guys aswell with anxiety and panic attacks! i="" will="" try="" to="" feel="" better="" i="" wish="" all="" the="" hope="" to="" you="" guys="" aswell="" with="" anxiety="" and="" panic="">
  • Posted

+++ to all the replies, yes there the typical symptoms of anxiety, the mind is a powerfull thing, try working on what others on here have said and you will come out of it fine

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.