Having bad day please can u all help..!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone I am having a bad day today with my aniexty. It's so bad that I have just been watching emmerdale the whole marlon and Donna story line were she has a rare lung cancer and watching on tonight ep if anyone didn't want it my anxiety just kicked in even more I was sat there think omg that's going to be me and i started crying. My chest was going tight and I was struggling to breath a bit... I have managed to calm myself down a bit now by sorting my 2 year old boy out and putting him to bed but now am just sat here I keep taking deep breaths to try and relax myself and it's hurting my chest a bit when I take massive deep breaths does anyone else suffer with this or should I get booked in at doctors???? 

0 likes, 11 replies

Report / Delete

11 Replies

• Posted

If you felt fine before hand shouldent need to worry its the panic attacks that have most affect wht iv been told is that if somthing on tv might affect me I turn it of iv stopped watching the news iv blocked loads of things on facbook because I think it might happen to me  its crazy no need to worry I have health anxiety and its messed up I know I last had a panic attack at 11am this morning I went to sleep for about 2 hours woke up and was fine but my chest was a bit tight it moves from left to right side to my back to my abs lol its mental just think its a gift that you are experiencing it  mighy sound mad calling it a gift but you will get through it r u on meds at all I know im not going on them id raver try get through it by my self not beeing dependent on meds but talking to some 1 really helps I have cbt in 5 week its mad bloody 5 week to wait not right at all so got to try get through it hope u get better  its nothing bad its justban experience 
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

No am not on any meds I used to be last year but I came of them because my doctor said I was doing well but it's only in the last few months I have been really bad again. I think it might be best if I do the same block all the things on face book and turn the TV off as it doesn't help does it? Now am a bit calmer my chest doesn't feel as bad. I have the dry mouth but I seem to always get that which is awful. Thanks for the advice it's good to know that we have everyone on here to help us get the thought it all. 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Ye hit helps me to its a big weight lifted when others comment iv only had it 4/5 month but only got diagnose  2 week a go  I told the dr I had it he dident tell me all my test and that was fine only thing left was anxiety but iv gone to dr at right time its the less than mild anxiety and I have mild depression too its not  good but will get through it I never use to be like I am now I was in army supper fit and now instead of been a couch potato im a bed 1 lol but im  not fat im skinny that why im depressed if you ever need to talk open from 10am to 10pm 7 days a week lmao  
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

There is nothing wrong with being a couch pototoe haha..!! Ah thanks same to you to if u ever want to talk. I have heard yoga is suppose to help with anexity so that's something am going to look into doing too. 😊
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Rebecca, I can really sympathize with you, I used to have so many panic attacks I was absolutely terrified of being on my own... then I suddenly realised that after all those years of anxiety and real fear, nothing had ever happened, I was still here and still ok.... I really do understand just how scary panic attacks are and can be,  but every time a panic attack wears off,  and you are ok, put a large tick on a board and you will see that you will survive every time, I wish you all the Best wishes in the world.... you really can and more importantly will get that this... in my thoughts, take care.. Deirdre  x
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

What a great comment Deirdre - I've been thinking that today as am suffering with anxiety (even though I am on meds) - I thought "you know what - nothing's happened to me - I'm still here"!
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Becca, 

Just sounds like anxiety to me. Sounds like you are doing the right things to cope. Perhaps try breathing in for 4, hold for 2 and out for 6, it might be easier than the deep breaths. Or do in for 1, out for 1, in for 2, out for 2 etc. up 'till 5. 

Also, mindfulness is very good. Try to bring yourself back to the present moment. Even just say, "I'm here. I'm OK. I'm here.". I found it helped me in moments of peak anxiety anyways. 

I made a list of tips for anxiety and depression. You may find that these help you: https://patient.info/forums/discuss/-golden-list-of-tips-for-depression-anxiety-270877

Maybe you could see a doctor/therapist about this anxiety too? 

All the best, 

Agirl xx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Rebecca,

well done for calming down and asking for advice. Don't suffer in silence. Keeping yourself distracted is a great way of combating anxiety. Playing with your child is fantastic, as it puts you in the here and now. Anxiety is a tremendous worry about the what if, it will happen to me which is not in the now. Have you tried doing logical things during an attack? I.e. Times tables, describe what's in the room? The reason is that the brain cannot be anxious and logical at the same time, no more than a muscle can contract and relax at the same time. Your heart pounding is normal to the flight or fight response which is triggered by the anxiety. Your body is flooding you with adrenaline in order to run away and it diverts blood flow from non essential organs and areas.  The problem with it is that we don't use up these hormones as we haven't run anywhere. We then build them up and up every time we are anxious and they make us feel rubbish. That's why excercise is so good for anxiety, as it flushes out this excess adrelanine. Of course I will stress, that if you experience chest pains then maybe a quick check with your GP maybe wise. Keep talking to people and allow your emotions to surface, try not to bury them. I hope it helps

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

breathe in for 4 seconds and out for 7 seconds etc  dont over breathe or you my hyper ventilate smile  be strong and think its only thoughts etc,  btw emmerdale is getting good. hope you feel better asap
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

do you see what you did there.  You linked someone elses ailment to yourself and took ownership of it,  Try not to personalise things because you will get phantom pain like you did in your chest.

Richard

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up