Having depression after I being scammed

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have lost all my savings to scammer whom I met online dating app, feel myself so stupid & gulible to believe in him and thought I have find someone who care & like me. Will still having flashback of my conversation via wechat with him. Having depression and insomnia since happen in 2017, will have suicide thought almost everyday.

2 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Stella32627

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologies for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

Kindest regards

Patient

• Posted

ahhh bless you,

how horrible what a terrible thing to do someone. This is what i mean by other peoples action have such an impact on us,

though this has not happened to myself my ex took everything he could from me knowing i was vunrable and had mental heath problems he would lie about where our money was when i left him i left everything. i felt stupid this man took me for a fool!! hes the fool hes the dispicable person just like that person has done to you.

Have tou gone to the police? i hope you can recover some of your money if not all!,

You are rid of that piece of dirt.

i see the moderators have posted to you i think that was very good.

Keep talking there are people on here that do really listen and care.

maybe seek your gps advice, don't give up please theres help out there bless you

xx vicky

sorry for typos

• Posted

Yes, Vicky. Is very hurting to have trust someone yet being betray and have cheated all my money. Have reported to police. Just can't forgive myself for doing such things. Will take time to heal.

• Posted

hi,

yes it is very hurtful indeed, im glad you have been to the police but as you have said it will take time to heal.

Hey its not about forgiving yourself you have done nothing wrong here at all. some horrible person did this not you. The blame lies with him the person that took this from you.

have you friends that you can call if it gets tough?

take it day by day thats all we can do.

i hope you are okay today,

thinking of you

vicky x

• Posted

Thanks Vicky, I never tell my friend about what have happen to me. My mum will still bring it up saying why I never tell her, all this can be prevented. My mood will feel very down and my tears is flowing inside me, thats the worst. I try to do things to make myself happy and lucky there is this stray cat I name her Ginger. I will pet and talk to her when I see her, this make me feel much better. Using pet therapy to heal myself. Suicide thought will still come haunting me, is very unbearable.

• Posted

Hi Stella32627

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologies for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

Kindest regards

Patient

• Posted

Hi Stella

I'm so sorry you've gone through such an awful ordeal. It is no wonder you feel the way you do.

Firstly, you are not stupid at all, you are obviously a trusting person which is a good quality to have.

There are scammers everywhere who are well versed in underhanded tactics and using the emotional trap seems to be one they use often.

It can be very hard to spot especially if you are in a vulnerable position. Though if you think or feel something isn't right, it normally isn't, using your intuition will help in the future.

I see from your post you haven't given out any details which is a good thing and hope you have contacted the police and or lawyer if you can. It's getting easier to track these people now which may be a help to you.

It's just disgusting that there are people out there pouncing on others vulnerabilities. They lie and cheat their way through life and actually think they are entitled. This sadly is all they know.

Please, go see your doctor and explain how you are feeling.

I hope they get caught and you get some resolve. Try not back down as this is why they get away with it. I have a few choice words for people like this though I'm sure you already have an idea what they are.

I can only imagine that your trust in others will be very low at the moment which is understandable given what you've gone through. In time it will get better. In the meantime, please, keep your private business private and don't give anyone additional information on anything they don't need to know.

Take care.

• Posted

Thanks Omni. I am a friendly & helpful person, never know I will met the scammer online and trust him. Yes he use emotional trap thats why I have fall into it. Really not easy as I have lost my hard earn money & have to start from stretch again. Do feel tired and sometime suicide come to my mind but I told myself I can't commit suicide as my mum will be sad.

• Posted

Hi Stella - yes this is a major problem that is enabled by the interconnected digital world we are living in. You simply cannot trust what others tell you in those sorts of arenas. You have learned a valuable lesson and I bet it will be difficult for anyone else to rip you off. Never give money to anything or anyone you cannot check - i.e. addresses, work places, even where they live. (Weather reports are good way to catch them out.) Flesh is best, meet people outside the internet.

Meanwhile, allow yourself that grieving, you are not stupid just a bit too trusting - but not anymore! You will move on from this, one day at a time. Hang in there.

• Posted

Thanks Wayne, I have been taken in by his story. I have learn my lesson and will be more wise than I used to be.

• Posted

Hi I am so sorry you have been used like this. Unfortunately there are horrible people like this around but bear in mind the world is still full of kind and loving people.

Karma will get him. it will you know. I have seen it in action a few times but he will pay for this in one way or another. A work colleague used to say 'Don't worry about it and leave it to god. He will sort them out'. I am not religious but I believe this too.

You are by far the better person and he is a rat! Please don't blame yourself for being taken in as these people are experts. Try and put it behind you bit by bit and pick up your life again. Don't let him win. Hugs xx

• Posted

Hi hypercat, thanks. Can only blame on my luck to have met him. Yes I believe he will have his karma for going around to cheat people, is so bad and cruel to cheat people feeling and money. After this incidence my trust towards people no longer same as last time. I always very sincere & helpful towards people but such thing have to happen to me. And he uses this to cheat and betray me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.