Having irregular periods. What's the reason?

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi i am 25 and my period has always been regular. but since this year I have been missing periods every one month. and now I missed it for 3 months straight. I have also been gaining weight without trying. I suffer from anxiety and thus think that i might have cancer. please help!!!!!!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

cancers of the reproductive organs mainly cause bleeding they don't make your cycle irregular what i suggest is seeing a doctor they can put u on a pill which will regulate your periods so u get them every month again it mabe that u have an hormonal imbalance

• Posted

I had irregular periods, sometimes not getting them for up to 8 months, then getting a very light period for about 2 weeks. I found out I had polycystic ovarian syndrome. If you have put on weight with no reason, there may be a chance this is what you have. Also if you get acne, mood swings, or facial hair, there is an even bigger chance this is what you may have. You need to get you hormone levels checked and an ultrasound.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.