Having muscle and joint pain after Rezum proceedure

Posted , 4 users are following.

It started about a month after the proceedure. I was told the Rezum proceedure will cause

an inflammatory response in the body that could go on for up to 4 months. Has anyone experienced

muscle or joint pain or pain where you have had past injuries that had healed. Places like shoulders,

sciatic pain or pain in other joints or other muscles. It seems to come and go a bit but never really

go away altogether. There are good and bad days. I have not had any injuries and it is not in on specific

place but in many joints. I wonder if this could be part of the inflammatory response.

Other than that the operation has been a great success, off medication after 6 weeks and

good stream, no change in sexual function, only one or two trips to the bathroom during the night.

No more blood and I'm able to have coffee again (2 months after operation).

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hike

I have been having all the same symptoms you have after taking Levaquin ( Levofloxacin ) for a UTI caused by urinary retention due to BPH . I had been advised of all possible side effects before, including Achilles tendon rupture , I thought it had been gone away after a month or so and then after FLA with the same recovery period for Rezum all the pains came back , at night it is very hard to find resting position , knees , shoulders ,legs , feet , the pain is not that much but does not let me to rest , even during the day it starts if I'm standing long , while seated in knees , at this point I'm not sure if all of these are the side effects of the antibiotic that I mentioned or from the inflammatory process from the procedure , bu one side I'm very happy with the results at 7 weeks after , out of Flomax and CIC and normal sexual function , good stream .

• Posted

Hike,

I had a successful Rezum in November 2018 so I am a little over a year out. Over the years, I have had 1 knee surgery, 2 shoulder dislocations, 1 rotator cuff, 1 broken thumb, and 2 broken toes. Maybe I missed a joint injury or two. After my Rezum, I have had absolutely no joint problems.

Steve

• Posted

Thankyou for your input and I wish you continued good health.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.