Having nissen fundoplication in about 3 weeks, Im nervous & scared & excited. Mostly unsure

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been having horrible acid reflux for years, horrible heartburn burning my throat for so long & then the pain started, SO bad sometimes. My PH level frm a 24hr study came bak crazy high.. SO I'm having surgery, I've been taking meds for years & still having breakthrough reflux & pain. I want to talk to real people that have had this surgery, nervous scared & excited I think???

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I cannot advise u.

But i wish u all the best and healing up fast.

Pls do let us know how it goes.

I myself suffer with something in gastro tract. Meds not curbing it.

Im interested as it may be the way id have to go too as been its been a yr and no improvement.

• Posted

this surgery can work great for some and can go horribly wrong for others.

I had the nissen and had a reversal. it ruined my life. If I had a choice TIF or Linx are good options. There is a wonderful doctor on Florida who also does different approach and actually fixes the valve and people rave about him. There is a support group in fb called nissen take down and i think you should look at all the pros and cons before doing this surgery

• Posted

Hi Jessica

Going into my 6 week from surgery. I had side affect so from surgery. Hole larger then thought & blood pressure was crazy. Had to spend 2 days in hospital. I also had the linx implanted, so dealing with that. Over all getting better and my surgeon pushed me to be mentally ready. It was very pain full for me...to breath was tough & painfull. I had my gallbladder removed 6 mo. prior. It's a life change for sure. I have to eat soft food every two hours and no raw food. I struggle with meat even chopping it up. Doctor said it will get better. Over all if everything stays as is....it so much better then before!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.