Having spells, what's happening?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had just finished moving all my stuff over next to dzenita to work on some quizzes at work,  And I started to feel kind of shaky. And lightheaded. So then she asked me if I was ok and I told her yes and she asked what was wrong but I couldn't make the words come out. Like I could hear in my head what I wanted to say but I couldn't form the words. From there it's like my whole body just shuts down. Well first I start shaking really bad and my eyes feel like they're shaking and I start blinking a lot. And then everything just goes rigid and I can't move anything. Like I can tell my brain, move my hands but nothing will happen. And my eyes kind of just glaze over and I can't really make myself do anything. It's like I'm not in control. After about 5 or 10 minutes I slowly come out of it and then I start like shivering but I'm not cold. Like you know how when you're really cold you're bad will just shake. Like deep in your muscles. And my voice is shaky. Like I can feel my muscles just jumping around. And I can't really recall any recent events. Like the minutes leading up to the first shaking. And then about 30 minutes later I'm ok again. I'm 24, and had this first "spell" at 18 in college. I've had 4 of these spells including the one today, and am not sure what causes them. I was told after the first one at the ER that it was anxiety attack, but I have those frequently and these aren't like those at all. Any idea what could be happening? 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

lack of sugar in your system, have you pushed yourself too hard, without eating or drinking, I get the shivers and shakes if I go too long without something to eat, or drink.

Other than that epilectic, have you had a brain electrical activity scan, that may pick up something, I would not ignore, write down if you can what has happened, or print off this message, also get opinions of others what happened as they saw it for Dr's records.

• Posted

I had eaten normal today. If anything i snack pretty good today. Had breakfast and lunch. Some chips in between. I don't have blood sugar, blood pressure or cholesterol issues. And I'm not diabetic. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.