Having unnecessary stress about one day losing my girlfriend?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi i'm 18 and dating a girl (also 18) for 5 months now and i'm starting to get like really unnecessary thoughts about her leaving me or inventing that one day we would have to leave eachother because (?).This girl is a strong woman. She is raised like me and is respectful, very honest, cheerful, friendly, funny,... so i cant complain. And this girl is my 3rd relationship wich is also the longest. Previous was 2 months for a girl that left me because simply she isn't into relationships atm (wich is true cause she is already single for about 9 months since she had something with me and is really pretty). So these toughts are not ruining my relationship because i immediately talked about it. Cause the day that it started (3 days ago) i started to say more sweet things than actually doing funny and act like the clown (so just being funny and a little sweet). So I said the reason why I do like this the last day because i'm having these thoughts when i don't have to. She understanded and then told me not to worry because and told me al the reasons she loves me. Recently i met her family and they all liked me at first impression. So now i'm coping with some stress and i don't know how to deal with this toughts. They fade away once we have a converstation via text and talk about all random things without being cute and sweet all the time. But in these 5 months i've never had these toughts. Atm she is the best i ever had and all this time i tought, look how healthy the relationship is, i don't need to even worry because my girl is always doing max effort and she still does but i just don't want to have these toughts.. she sometimes says u better don't leave me and yeah i said that many times but without like to feel sad for a moment..Hope u guys red it sad Thankyou! It's not that serious of a problem but it's just weird you know.. I always (slightly) didn't give a f about that because it's not gonna happen if we keep the relationship strong like we always do.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi stefan. Sometimes we all get thoughts like that from tym to time. Sometimes due to inner self esteem issues u may not be aware u have. Am i gud enuff tht type of thing... sounds like ur both in love & your getting these something might go wrong thoughts fleeting b4:they actually do

. Id say as long as long as they dont become intrusive & start wrecking wat u have kp as is. But if not id see yr dr talk through things maybe an unresolved issue there. Good luck. Hope alll works out ;0) ,,,, mandy x

• Posted

I'd agree with that wholeheartedly the best advice you can have is do not let your past dictate your future, just because things haven't worked out in the past for you does not mean there is something wrong with you

People have to have a real connection and often it's not until we really know that person that we realise that connection isn't there life in the moment ya know if you worry about the future and what it holds you can't enjoy the present thereby putting extra pressure on the relationship your in and that's not fair to any of you and not giving your relationship a fare chance I hope this makes sense to you

Mike

• Posted

For sure... thats what i hope my post portrayedd to stefan. Cant sleep again , u neither obv xx
    • Posted

How true lol. Ye few anxious moments but good day. Went to a country park see the animals walked across lovely bridges n scenery lookin @ the barges docked really peacefuĺl. Back for dinner. U? Xxx
    • Posted

Hehe sounds like a nice day you are getting on like hahahahaha yeah I don't know how to answer your question ya know I'll speak to you tomorrow night ya know need time to digest my own feelings on things first x

• Posted

Funny story tho I was going to buy a barge a few years back hahaha he only wanted 2000 for it I was like wow that's really good how far you been in it hahahahaha he said Salford quays I said Salford quays as in Manchester he said yeah I said right how long that take you he said a week hahahahaha it's 20 mins by car lol I said screw that hahahaha

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.