having withdrawls from venlafaxine.

Posted , 5 users are following.

i only took 1 37.5 mg pill and i am having withdrawls. i am dizzy, lightheaded and sick on my stomsch and very shaky on the inside. how long will this last and is there anything i can do to help.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I sounds like its just the pill getting in your system. Are you taking it for depression. Its a small dose so hopefully your symptoms will go when your body gets used to it.
    • Posted

depression i will not be taking anymore
  • Posted

you won't be having withdrawls from just one pil, it is just the start up effects from strating them.
  • Posted

You've only ever taken the 1 pill?  You're not tapering and started the lower dose of 37.5?
  • Posted

i took just ione pill it was 4 days ago and still have the same symptoms

• Posted

Hi Ann

Sorry that you are experiencing such horrid symptoms.

It seems very unlikely to me that you would have achieved a high enough level of venlafaxine in your system, after one, small, single dose to have this happen.

It seems more probable that you have the symptoms as a result of a systemic illness - such as tummy 'flu or a urinary tract infection.  I'd recommend that you go back to your doctor, if you don't feel better soon.  Meanwhile, drink plenty of water, and rest.  Call in sick, if you have to.

Take care xx

• Posted

i did go to the emergency room had all those tests run and all come up negative. the reason it went into my system so fast we think is because i had gastric by pass surgury. it finally quit bothering me on monday after another visit to the doctor. i would not recommend anyone to ever take that mediceine. it was horrible.
    • Posted

That would explain it.  Ugh!  Poor you!!!  Sounds like it's working its way out of your system.  Good!!  This stuff is really awful!  I took Prozac years ago and could off any time I wanted and never had a problem.  I guess the SNRI's are the ones that cause these types of withdrawals.  Note to self:  never, ever again!!!
    • Posted

thanks so much for caring and sharing. people should be told how bad this drug is. im 67 yrs old and have never been that sick in my life. im not going to try any new drugs, my body does not seem to like them and obviously for a good reason. haha
  • Posted

Ann, feeling any better?
    • Posted

yes finally. i started feeling better on monday after another visit to the doctor. horrible mediceine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.