Hayfever

Posted , 8 users are following.

have had hayfever for years worse ever this year, tryed cetrizine,loretadine, clopheamine, trying steroids from today, hoping these work . is there any natural remady i can use all year round please . Seems worse at night , muzzy head above between eyes, can have complete blockednose ,then constant run only for short period though, eyes very irritable , but no good at applying ointment in eyes, just can,t tolerate,

Happy for any natural remedies 

not happy bunny atm sad

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tracey hugsie

You are the perfect candidate for a trial with Evening Primrose Oil.

Please see my recent posts, for full details .

I suffered chronic hay fever, rhinitis, and sinusitis for over 50 years, before discovering this remarkable product that has completely transformed my life.

Evening Primrose Oil is not a drug, so it has no adverse side affects and does not affect mental ability. It is a simple solution to a very debilitating health problem.

It takes about 4hours to work, and it is effective for a further 24 hours, so one 1000mg   capsule daily is normally adequate. 

It normally overcomes the need for supplementary treatment, as it desensitises the nervous system so that it does not react to normal irritants.

Try it for two weeks and see if this is a cure for your health problem.

Also, I have found Albalon A eye drops to be very effective for overcoming itchy eye problems.

Kind regards, Ray.

• Posted

Thanks Ray only just come back ob and read your message i,ll try that ,my condition has worsened i just posted thinking it may be nasal polyps ,i.ll have a look at your posts as well , ibought the optrex eye mist spray and i,m using that,going go back gp , the steroids didn,t help

thanks

Tracey

• Posted

hi.maybe rosmary nasal spray help you.

antihistamine have dryeye side effect.this can your eye worth.

you can wipe tee tree oil on your eye before sleep maybe help if you allergy to mite.

Allergen immunotherapy for me have good result.

• Posted

i bought optimax mist spray helps a little, but still really struggling tbh,made another post,thinking nasal polyps , going back gp , i hadn,t been on here my posts seem to go to spam for some reason sad

• Posted

Hi,

I originally posted the following on the thread begun by Garnet888; it may be relevant to your problem - if nothing else it might give you pause to consider a wider scenario:

Hi,

I am now a crinkly who has had similar allergy/intolerance issues for more than 50 years. My allergy history may be of interest ...

Around pubity I started to suffer with 'hayfever' - that is unpleasant reactions to pollen, especially from grasses - which made me repeatedly sneeeze hard (until my nose would bleed), made me wheezy and caused me sweat (fever). Year on year this became worse and extended beyond the main pollen season. By mid teens I stayed indoors for much of the summers - sometimes staying in bed beacuse the symptoms were so debilitating. Being somewhat distracted I messed up academic exams.

Before 'A' levels I sought help from the NHS who tried somewhat crudely to test me for allegens. Mostly the test allergen spots put onto my skin caused large wheals that all blended together. No progress was made. Life continued its downward slide!

Getting to and through College was a trauma. By this time I learnt to love alcohol and the deterioration spiralled. Allergic rhinitis/sinusitis became common place .... you'll be getting the picture?

In work I had a colleague with similar problems and no positive outcome from NHS treatments who pestered me for possibly two years to visit a particular homeopath ( not a quack but a 'proper' doctor doing medical research) based in Southampton but also who practiced at Harley Street - which, at the time, was easily accessible to me. Eventually, very sceptical, I attended the London clinic. It was the best thing I ever did for my general well being!! 

Afer a lot of discussion, a strange and slightly primitive looking electrical aparatus was physically connected to me and comparison made with dozens of material sample slides that were slotted into the machine. Within half an hour the doctor had identified a number of common foodstuffs to which I AM intolerant or allergic. I left with strict diatary exclusion orders that I stuck with for about two months before returning for another consultation. By this time life had taken a very different turn - no headaches, the sinuses were clear, my breathing was so good I could run again, my skin was clear; my mood was very much more bouyant. I was almost a new person!

FOR ME the primary exclusions were processed sugars and related dairy produce (lactose has similar effects and is a very common allergen) plus to a lesser effect coffee, chicken, corn ... and the list goes on.

I lived with my total exclusions for 35 years and enjoyed a very healthy life.

Following early retirement from a successful career I decided that I should be able to re-introduce and control alcohol and sweet puddings. To begin I allowed ten pints of beer in the first year. This gradualy slid to the point that I have been drinking two pints a week and regular puddings, still a relatively small amount, that has made some of the allergy symptoms return with a vengeance. I have sneezing fits, almost continual headaches, problems with my eyes. I recently frightened myself when, with pint in hand, I went into an almost hypnotic state and started insulting a good friend - totally lost it!

I am now back on my exclusions diet going through detoxification.

THE DOCTOR WHO SO IMPROVED MY LIFE ARGUED THAT MOST PEOPLE HAVE ALLERGIES OR INTOLERANCES. SOME PEOPLE ARE LESS TOLERANT OF ALLERGENS AND PEOPLE REACT DIFFERENTLY TO THE VARIOUS POSSIBLE ALLERGENS.

THE MAJORITY OF ALLERGENS TAKEN INTO THE BODY ARE PART OF FOOSTUFFS. iF THE FOODSTUFF ALLEGENS ARE ELIMINATED IT REDUCES THE LIKELYHOOD OF UNCONTROLLABLE ALLERGENS, SUCH AS THOSE IN THE AIR, CAUSING A SENSITIVE PERSON TO HAVE AN ADVERSE REACTION AND CONSEQUENT DETERIORATED HEALTH.

!!GET TESTED FOR FOOD ALLERGIES AND INTOLERANCES!!

Best wishes from an old but experienced fart.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.