head

Posted , 5 users are following.

Right sorry for all the questions guys, but being new to the group i suppose im just looking too see if other people are experiencing the same things as me. I was diagnosed with gastritis last week and put on lansaprozole 30mg twice a day for the next 6-8weeks. Im having a funny head, not pain, more like not feeling in control of it and like motion sickness feeling and feeling like my ears are needing to pop. Anyone else had the same? im scared incase its something else

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Colleen, that would be suggestive of the gastritis being involved, or maybe, given how awful and shocking gastritis is, a severe increase in your anxiety at that time. I actually developed a dizziness upon standing up because, unknown to me, my vitamin D level had fallen dangerously low through limited foods as I wrestled with gastritis over two years to find a diet that helped instead of making it worse. Once the D level was raised again, the dizziness eased.
    • Posted

Interesting paul, ive been today to the nurse and had bloods taken and theyre checking my vitamin levels, ill just need too wait and see, dont know whats worse my stomach or my head :-(
  • Posted

Achalasia (or cardiospasm) is a comparatively rare condition whereby the Lower Oesophageal Sphincter may not open properly for food to move into the stomach. We do not know why this develops in some people. It is probably due to damage to nerves in the wall of the oesophagus perhaps caused by a virus in early life.
    • Posted

ill take what youve said to the doctors on monday and see what they say

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.