Head cold 3 weeks post op- sneezing concern?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm 3 weeks post op from a posterior repair. Feeling pretty good except I feel a cold coming on. I've got a case of the sneezes. Whenever one comes I feel terrified I'm going to break a stitch or reprolapse. Is this a valid concern? Any advice on how to deal with sneezes? I try and sit down when one is coming and do a small Kegal to support my pelvic floor. Any other tips? Thanks ladiessmile

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You can take a small pillow put between your legs for support. Be careful of getting s cough. Would be a good idea to have some cough medine on hand just incase.

I'm 8 weeks, and have felt good. Keep taking it easy, Hope you don't get a real cold. Take some extra vitamin c and zinc, might help too.

Grace

• Posted

Maybe an antihistamine? For the sneezing. Also a good cough syrup. If in doubt call the doc
  • Posted

I had bronchitis about 3 months after my posterior repair and was terrified of undoing all the good work. I used to sit down and hold myself when coughing, and it did protect it. No damage done thankfully. I would definitely take some over the counter cold medicine to cut down on the sneezing. 
  • Posted

Morning Lynn

You need to learn the kegel brace or ‘knack’ Basically it means bracing when you sneeze or cough. Other recommendations are pelvic floor exercise which is essential, together with posture improvements, and watch your weight like a hawk.  Have a loot at EVB shorts – they are a fabulous invention with the kind of support that is second to none. Originally developed for sportswomen, they are great for day use, and will give you exceptional support. You can manage your prolapse operation and stop further prolapse but you have to take an active part. If you do not change what you were doing before then a prolapse will happen again, because it is a weak point in your body (but now you know that you can get strong!).

Please do all you can to strengthen up and support the surgery, then it will last you a lifetime, and you won’t be afraid of sneezing and coughing.

S

• Posted

Just looked up these shorts. They sound phenomenal! Unfortunately way out of my price range 👎🏼

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.