Head feels Heavy, uncontrable actions espically when hungary

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi Guys does anyone feel very down and axiouse when they are hungary. Does anyone feel head foggy after eating potatos or even a small chocalte bar ??

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi billy

I can't say I've ever heard of anything like this

However that's not to say it can't happen I'd be more inclined to think maybe connected to diabetes or a pancreatic problem I think maybe a check up from the gp

Hope someone can help with this problem

• Posted

If you are really thirsty a lot or or if the urine is giving off an odour then it's a sign of diabetes another way you can check for ketones in the urine is a urine test stick you can buy them offer the counter just use the stick compare it on the provided chart and report your finding to the gp type two diabetes is reversible with a healthy diet etc

• Posted

Hi Billy. It's not uncommon for people to react to foods they've eaten all their life. Don't immediately assume you have some dire disease until you check it out with a doctor.

I've been 'addicted' to chocolate most of my life. When I did an elimination diet, the first food I reintroduced was chocolate and within minutes I was hyper. I went without for years and then decided I could live with the consequences!

If you're saying these two specific foods cause this reaction, the simplest thing to do would be to remove them from your diet for a couple of weeks (that includes all foods with chocolate or potato ingredients -  and potato starch is a very common ingredient in ready meals so be alert). If you don't experience the symptoms, it may be they are the cause. Then eat a small amount of just potato or chocolate, with nothing else, and observe how you react. If you don't react, it's not that food.

As regards the link between mood and hunger, I'm not the best adviser as I have a kind of food-phobia and often go without because of anxiety. So mine's the reverse - anxiety causes the hunger. Just keep a log of mood against food for a bit and see if you can see a pattern. There's a great free phone app MySymptoms that helps.

• Posted

Thank you very much Jan, I am 27 I was firstley diagonsed with severe depression in University. Luckley i finished uni and i took it easy. I cudnt leave home or even go to public places I would get panic attack and Axniety although I am confident and been around people many many years. I was off for a year from job to job and then I really stuck to this and progressed in this job. I now work for a company its a very demanding job. However recentley after eating also pasta and cheese I was uncontrabley walking and uncontrable thoughts which was scarey for me as I wasnt in control so I re traced all my steps and found that when I eat all processed foods I get depressed. But I was also muscular so I cant get my size back as I cantr eat bulking foods sad I have now lean muscles but still wanted to do more sad
  • Posted

Hey not heard of the link between these two. Kp us posted wen u c a doc or find out why xx
  • Posted

Not with me I suppose if you had not eaten for a long time you may feel a bit chaste

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.