Head Pressure...

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've been having pressure around my head ever since I had a week where I had horrible panic attacks...I went to the ER and they took blood and did chest x-rays, as well as an EKG before concluding it was a panic attack. The pressure hasn't gone away for the past few weeks but I haven't had any alarming symptoms to indicate anything else! The pressure is even apparent...when I raise my eyebrows, the scalp muscle moves! I've been under a ton of stress lately...When I worry about things, I've been known to make my symptoms physically worse...(ex: I had chest pain that worstened when I got concerned, and stomach bloating that made me think I had stomach cancer). I've been dealing with opening up about anxiety and depression I've been feeling lately, and when my mother and I argued yesterday, the pressure got worse to the point where it feels like I cant raise my eyebrows...I've been so worried and scared to the point where I can't sleep at night because I'm scared I wont wake up, but my mom wont let me go back to the ER and says that its "just anxiety and stress"... 

I'm also a 16 year old girl who hasn't had any prior health problems...any help?

0 likes, 14 replies

Report / Delete

14 Replies

• Posted

If it helps, I've been having an occassional dull headache but it isn't disabling or too frequent, and it doesnt throb, I clench my jaw a lot, and I do have stiff neck, back and shoulder muscles at times...
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

O wow you're so young. Welcome to the forum we all have been through this or worse. Some still go through some overcame it. Drink lots of water and exercise it really helps. Do u take meds? Do you go to counseling? You should explain the seriousness of this to your mom. Find someone you truly trust to talk to or come here it really helps
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you for welcoming me^^ I've been dealing with a lot in school, and honestly I kind of made things get worse myself because I never told anyone ;; it wasn't until I was shaking involuntarily and it was getting worse that I had to tell my mom...I've been trying to drink and eat well lately! And exercise does help the tension a lot! I don't go to conseling or take medication as of yet, but since my mom is concerned about my health, she's getting me counseling as soon as possible, and making me stay home for the remainder of the school year ;; I think she knows how serious it is, but the way she handles bad news isnt that good...she didn't react well when she found out that I had suicidal thoughts and stuff because I lied while I was at the ER...
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi have you seen an optician, they can sometimes diagnose problems from the eyes, are you double jointed? If so please tell your GP
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Lauren, try not to be too impressed with this feeling. It's a symptom of anxiety. If you can get your hands on the book, "Hope and Help for Your Nerves" by Claire Weeks (it's an old book), she actually lists a band of pain around the head in her list of symptoms. Anxiety is tricky. We just have to learn to outsmart it. Good luck, sweetie! 
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hello! Thank you for the advice! Sadly it seems like the muscles in my scalp seem really tight, so I might have to go to a doctor about it...Doctors scare me a lot, and going to emergency really made me break down last time
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi laurenxmariah I suffer this terribly, it's one of my main symptoms of anxiety and almost reduces me to tears, it feels like every thought causes my head muscles to contract, I noticed someone posted about the book self help for your nerves by Dr Clair weeks, this really is an amazing book, when I get it out and 're read it, it does help as she gives you and explains what is going on which helps the tension to ease, and how it can b be cured along with all the symptoms of anxiety.it's available from Amazon there is about three books I think self help for your nerves is the first one.Good luck hun xx
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up