HEAD PRESSURE AND LITTLE ACHE ON TOP OF HEAD

Posted , 7 users are following.

HI ANYONE HERE HAS THE SAME SYMPTOMS AS ME? SINCE SEPTEMBER OF 2019 I HAVE PRESSURE ON TOP OF HEAD USUALLY LEFT SIDE WITH A LITTLE ACHE.ITS VERY ANNOYING LIKE SOMETHING IS PLACED ON TOP OF YOUR HEAD..BUT IT CHANGES LOCATION TOO.SOMETIMES ITS IN THE TOP OF HEAD NEAR THE FOREHEAD.SOMETIMES ON TOP OF THE HEAD.SOMETIMS IN BOTH SIDES OF THE TEMPLE AREA..IBUPROFEN.PARACETAMOL.TRAMADOL.MEFENAMIC ACID.DICLOFENAC IS NOT TOUCHING THE PAIN.IM ALSO A HYPOCHODRIAC AND SUFFERING FROM ANXIETY.I HAVE TAKEN XANAX AND ANTI DEPRESSANT LAST YEAR.DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Next
  • Posted

my frontal and maxillary sinus area also has pain and pressure .and my eyes sometimes get tears..dont know if its sinus related also..

• Posted

hi I have been suffering with similar symptoms since august 2019, currently under a headache clinic and neurologist, theyve said its chronic daily headache, tension headache and migraine, trailing all sorts of medications that dont work. ask your gp to be referred to a headache clinic where they will assess you and give you a treatment plan

• Posted

hi thanks for the reply..in 2015 i also have pressure on left top of head for 3mos..theres no letting up..24/7 ...then i went to a neurologist and he told me that its not a tumor..but i insisted an mri..so i did an Mri and came back negative..when i saw the result..instantly within that minute the head pressure disappeared..did not come back from that day on..so i have a history of anxiety..too much focus on a sickness or pain and it worsens everyday

• Posted

Hi Edward -

I am also experiencing the same type of pain, where it feels like a dull pressure in a spot on top of your head, like someone is pressing down with their thumb. It's so annoying, but I also have tinnitus (not too bad) and just a very shaky feeling in my head. I can sometimes feel my head pulsating (like a heartbeat) in one particular area. It's freaking me out pretty bad, and I too, suffer from HA. I did get a brain MRI done December 2018 and it was normal. I also feel pressure behind my nose - not like sinus pressure but the same feeling as if you were to get hit in the nose with something (does that make sense?). I do suffer from headaches normally, but this one is different as it's not a typical 'headache' but rather pressure. I hope you find relief soon - I know it's so frustrating and anxiety is a tricky beast who can do some strange things to our minds!

Elizabeth

• Posted

hi thanks for the reply..yeah this headache is different..very hard to describe.even my eyes hurt..i tried decongestant but is not helping too..im inhaling steam but a little relief..im thinking that this is sinus related..sometimes feel like my nose clog..but i have no mucus and drips..so i think maybe oxygen supply to the brain is lessen.so that is the cause of my headpressure and ache

• Posted

Hi Edward -

Glad you're finding some relief with the steam! I may try that, just to see if it helps. I have no other sinus symptoms so i am not hopeful that's it - but it would be nice if it was! Hope you feel better soon!

• Posted

and elizabeth i also tried the tennis ball for occipital release..2 days without headpressure but it came back..look at youtube theres lots of videos for occipital release using tennis ball

• Posted

Thank you, Edward!! I will definitely look that up. I also found some videos on YouTube for myofascial (sp?) /trigger point release that you might want to check out as well- some good stretches for our neck muscles, which can cause referred pain to our heads.

• Posted

hi how long have you been sufferring from the pressure on top of your head?? is the headpressure changing locations or just on 1 spot only?

• Posted

Hi- i recall it started with feeling pressure in random areas on my head (both sides) and I was also experiencing feelings of being "off". Then the pressure stayed on one spot on my head (on the top, slightly to the left) like someone is pressing their finger there. i can almost feel the pressure through my head and it would also pulsate from time to time. my scalp in that area, and back of my head are tender like its bruised. Also, my ears are ringing although its not too loud. I just went out for lunch today and didn't notice it at all- so I'm wondering if its anxiety related?

How are you feeling today? Did the head pressure subside?

• Posted

oh, and mine has been going on a month and 4 days... but who's counting 😃

• Posted

mine from september 2019 up to now..so roughly 5mos..at 1st i feel some pressure on top of my head..but as months go by it became much stronger mainly bec i did nothing but just focusing on the head..so i think it grew worse..sometimes i feel it in the sides of head.usually on top part of head to the right.my first post is to the left.thats wrong..sometimes my eye socket hurts..and i can feel the ache on roof of my mouth and nose..i dont know if theres a connection between the nose and the head..when i inhale, the air seems to blow to my brain i can feel it..did that make sense.i can feel the cold air up to the part of my brain where the pressure is.

• Posted

Hi Edward- yes, that makes sense what you said about the air to your brain. I know you mentioned getting an MRI in 2015, but have you been back to the doctor since September?

I definitely agree that by obsessing over my head it has gotten worse, so I have been trying really hard to stay busy. It is much harder than it sounds to try not to focus on this! I have a follow up appointment with my doctor on Tuesday, so I'm curious if she will want me to do another MRI.

• Posted

im not sure im ready for an mri..im afraid of the outcome..its kinda funny..if my heads full of pressure like tightness and dull ache.i always use the tennis ball..and the tightness and dull pain would be gone..later it would comeback again..i think its tension and stress and anxiety combined..it started when i was scam half a million pesos..physically mentally emotionally stress out.

• Posted

I completely understand about being scared of the outcome, I feel the same way. It sounds like you've been dealing with a lot of stress due to the scam. I am not a Doctor but would guess that your pressure is due to anxiety and stress. I'm sorry that happened to you, and that, along with the continued focus on your head is probably causing more anxiety. It's such a vicious cycle. For me personally, I'm trying really hard to keep busy and not think about my head. I did some neck stretches and yoga which felt good and I didn't notice my head bothering me. Do you find any relief from taking aspirin?

• Posted

i have never taken an aspirin..i think it will do nothing..because i have taken ibuprofen.mefenamic.diclofenac which were more poweful than aspirin..i have also taken opioid analgesic tramadol..

does someone here have tension headache..does it affect the top of the head?

• Posted

I had headaches like yours. It were 24/7. I did all the tests. Finally, I was diagnosed with GAD.

• Posted

hey edward. i have the same symptoms as yours. pressure on top of head, on the back. and the most severe pressure was on the roof of mouth. i had these symptoms years ago and it wont go away.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.