Head pressure for an entire month

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've had a very slight head pressure that's been there for about a month now. Weird thing is it's only on my left side of my head in one spot a few inches from my eyebrow. Some days I notice it a lot and others especially when busy I don't. I do know it's there tho. This past week I had two days where there was no pressure until like 5-7 in the evening. I thought maybe it was going away but alas it's been there the past 3 days now. I went to the doctor in July bc I was rly scared bc the pressure and diggin was was rly intense and it gradually was getting better by the time I made it to the Drs. She told me not to worry and if it were anything serious it would not be getting better but worse. I had a few days where everything was perfect. And then the pressure like I said is very slight came back on and only on left side. People have suggested tension headache, sinuses, jaw clenching or grinding my teeth at night. Onters have said anxiety but I rly don't freak out too much about it. I never have anxiety attacks about it just find my self worrying often about what it could be. I def cannot afford an MRI or cat scan of my head my insurance would pay some but it would still be about $1k rolleyes what do u all think I should do? I mean what if it's Christmas and it's STILL there?! Do I just leave it alone and hope it's anxiety and it'll go away. I keep telling myself it's not getting any worse so it's prob not w brain tumor or anything but what if it is?!? What if it's early stages and I'm not doing anything about it. I'm rly scared any advice would be great

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello lori

Your headaches sound like anxiety, and I understand the American health system is not the same as we have in the UK.

If you need a scan all I can suggest is if you feel there is something wrong go for the scan, or the cheapest way may to discuss some CBT and see if coping skills could help you.

You could try Relaxation Techniques, in the UK it is called MINDFULNESS, you can get books explaining the technique on Amazon and that would be the cheapest option in your case. 

You could ask for medications to treat your anxiety as well. I do do not know the coast for a treatment plan and if your Insurance would cover that

We can give you support and understanding, 

BOB

• Posted

I used to take anxiety meds. Never evperienced the head pressure til this summer. It's gotten better so that is reassuring that it's most likely not anything serious.

• Posted

Its september now. Go to the doctor. Could be sinus, blood oressure. Ask the doctor what is going on. They have thise urgi centers at least the are knowledgable in different areas as well if thats easier. 
    • Posted

I'm not trying to make excuses. But just tight on money right now.

• Posted

I know, i realize that. But this is about your health and wellbeing. I dont know what the urgi centers charge maybe more reasonable. Its crazy how expensive everything has become.
    • Posted

I know. I've been reading up on CT scans may call my insurance Tuesday and see what they cover since it's prob less then an MRI. Id rather just know if it's something or not and I can put all of this worrying to a rest.

• Posted

But you don't need any kind of head scan!

Your symptoms are improving. Trust your doctor.

• Posted

I don't think the doctor is going to be able to tell me anything bc she already said she want concerned. It cost me $65 dollars with and that's with insurance covering it every time I go in. I had to go in for a physical for work, a yearly pap & then the head issue. I already have almost $200 in doctor bills right now.

• Posted

I may try and see if I can get a CT scan bc may cost less then an MRI. I am so sick of the constant worrying over this all.
    • Posted

You might not realize this but an eye exam would reveal if there was an issue. They can see if pressure is off or theres a problem by dilating and looking into the eyeball and seeing all the vessels. Way cheaper then any ct or mri. And i dont think a cat scan  is what you get for brain its an mri maybe  and that depends on what going on. 
    • Posted

I actually prob need an eye exam soon anyways so that could be a possibility. I've read up on ct scans and I think you can get them for your head. Seems that way

• Posted

If the eye doctor felt anything was off he would want you to get an mri. Then Does your insurance cover it? That hapoened to me. I was having some really odd stuff go on and i went to an opthamologist and it turned out there was an issue and he sent me for an mri. It showed the issue with the eye the brain was tip top. Im in no way saying this is your case im saying the opthamologist said to me the eyes know. They can see changes in vessels, nerves..eye pressure in some its a tell tale sign of a lot a lot of issues in the brain and the body oddly. They can see an ailment in the eye before it even gets bad in the body. Very interesting. Its the only part of the body you can stare into with their machines and such and see into your head.  I wish you all the best. And i hope you just awake tomorrow and its all healed. That would be the best scenario.
    • Posted

Ct scan is for your brain. I know because I just had one for a head injury . They check to see if you have a brain bleed , stroke tumor . So yes CT is for brain. I always heard if you have a brain tumor your blood pressure would be high. I am not sure, but someone to me that , that had a friend with a brain tumor. Personally I think it's tension from your jaw or from eyes but I am no Dr. Just another person with anxiety. If your Dr was worried trust me, she would of ran tests. Do you have a county hospital or clinic? Go there if your worried. Oh Sorry Lisa ! , Cat scan answer was for you to know. The rest is for the person who was asking about pressure by eyebrow. . Tired

• Posted

Mri does slices and goes in deep. Strokes and tumors is mri i believe. They gave me an mri. Had an eye stroke and they wanted to make sure no tumors. Injuries to the head yeah i think they do cat scans much more to the skull and structure part. I have no clue what they would do for pressure feeling. That was what opthamologist told me about mris. I asked what the difference was thats what i was told. Who knows maybe each doctor has there own idea of what is better.  I had asked because of the difference in radiation and dye stuff. But i had ct scans on lungs for some other issue a long time ago  maybe pressure would be a cat scan i bet it can see the sinus right? No clue. I think these doctors just do whatever they want sometimes. 
    • Posted

Im sure both see into brain. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.